Looking for MD/VA/DC Shop - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-02-2006, 07:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

pope4921 is an unknown
Looking for MD/VA/DC Shop

I am looking for a shop with WRX upgrade experience that will install customer supplied aftermarket accessories on my 2004 WRX Wagon - N. Bethesda area.

Last edited by pope4921; 05-02-2006 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2006, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okeyd57 is an unknown
I am also looking for a GOOD tuning shop. I live in southern West Virginia. I doubt that we have one in West Virginia. I wouldn't mind traveling to Va., western Pa., Ken., or North Carolina. It would be nice if someone had a list of reputable tuning shops.
How about you guys in Morgantown ? Where do you guys take your cars ?
Thanks for the help ! Okey
#3 Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Everyone I know road tunes in Morgantown. There's an... okay shop in Charleston that I don't know much about. If I were you, I'd spend a day or two when I'm highly upgraded and take a slow.. long trip to MD or VA. TurboXS is there, and so are many other good WRX specific places.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#4 Old 05-04-2006, 03:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wukillabee56 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Wukillabee56
My buddy does instals and has a shop in Rockville, MD. He is not a suby expert or tuner but does work on a lot of modified imports and is SAE certified. He does all my work. His shop is supposed to be getting a dyno soon and he is going to tuning school out in California. PM if you want more details.
#5 Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

StallionWRX is an unknown
Mach V motorsports in Dulles, Va. Its very close to Md and DC. They do a lot of Subaru work. www.fastwrx.com
#6 Old 08-14-2006, 11:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

LilSix is an unknown
I have to highly recommend andrewtech automotive in gaithersburg. They specialize in subies and are also very nice to deal with. They are located in the airpark in gaithersburg. Thats who most mid-a members from nasioc speak of also.
#7 Old 08-23-2006, 03:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

Flat 4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionWRX
Mach V motorsports in Dulles, Va. Its very close to Md and DC. They do a lot of Subaru work. www.fastwrx.com
I visited Mach V yesterday and spoke with Dan. He seemed to be pretty knowledgeable. We discussed some options for TBEs, Pro Tunes, and other items. Do they do good work?

Another guy mentioned Andrewtech, but I think he just does gearboxes/transmissions.
#8 Old 08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

smores is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to smores
TurboXS is also in the airpark, along with Altered Atmosphere (although they mainly were doing 3000GT's and EVO's iirc)
#9 Old 08-24-2006, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Flat 4 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by smores
TurboXS is also in the airpark, along with Altered Atmosphere (although they mainly were doing 3000GT's and EVO's iirc)
I wouldn't even let those incompetent fools over at Altered Atmosphere do so much as put gas in my car, let alone open the hood. They're a bunch of ricer idiots.

Steer clear of Altered Atmosphere. You'll find your car "altered," alright.....and your motor blown sky high....into the "atmosphere."
#10 Old 08-14-2007, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

05WagonGuy is an unknown
I think everyone beat me to it, i was going to suggest MachV and Andrewtech, they both have great reputations and a large following in the suby world. MachV is having a big open house, meet, carshow, charity event on the 18th if anyone wants to come up and meet the guys.

Andrewtech are considered gods in the nasioc community. They do specialize in trannys and gearboxes like Flat4 said but they do other things too, engine swaps, installs, etc. I just emailed them about installing my turboxs uppipe, since i dont have the time,experience or a shop to do it at. They quickly got back to me with a price that was considerably lower than any other that i had got. I will probably take it to them to make sure it is done right

Dave
#11 Old 08-14-2007, 09:42 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
MD tuning shops. what shops are in MD that are reputable.
#12 Old 08-23-2007, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

bigfuhrm is an unknown
md tuning shops

did anyone try lookin up agile motorsports. they are located in harford county. they do good work from what i hear. one of the mechanics that i used to work with does there transmission work. im new to the subaru thing but they do pretty much everything u need. they are only about 20 minutes from baltimore county where i live.
#13 Old 08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

allawd is an unknown
Andrewtech is the super Subaru shop of choice. They can do anything when it comes to subaru from installs and oil changes to built motor cars with 600 hp.

Agile has a good rep, but they are too far for me...unless I decide to get a protune.

TurboXS is well-known, but they don't tune Cobb.

MachV would not install parts that I did not buy there when I asked. They are more of a parts shop than a repair place.
#14 Old 10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

BizTerp is an unknown
+1 for Agile.
#15 Old 10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

lovemy07 is an unknown
+1 for andrewtech and Mach V

Joe