Hersey Park Meet - Page 12 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#166 Old 08-02-2012, 01:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I won't be going. After getting my motor broken in and tuned in May I've driven it maybe a tank of gas's worth of mileage since. I get this at start up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeyJLvm3Zk8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#167 Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
9am will work (just means an early start, but more than willing). If we pick a place can we please post up an address to the place also.

And Justin, sorry to literally hear that about the car. Any idea what it is?

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#168 Old 08-02-2012, 05:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Breakfast at 9 am sounds perfect. 37 days.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#169 Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
9am will work (just means an early start, but more than willing). If we pick a place can we please post up an address to the place also.

And Justin, sorry to literally hear that about the car. Any idea what it is?
Rod knock. It does it on start up until oil pressure builds up. This will be engine #8.
#170 Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
yeah, breakfast sounds good to me. That would be cheaper than lunch in the park. Is there a pancake-type place nearby? We can target 9am? If we don't get into the park by lunch time if not earlier my wife is gunna be upset.
Only breakfast places I can think of is Friendlys, Cocoa Diner, and a diner in palmyra. Damn it...now I'm going to have to ask my friend that lives in hershey. I can't remember the names. Otherwise it will have to be stuff in Harrisburg such as Perkins.

Btw, Palmyra is right next to hershey.

Cocoa Diner
590 East Main Street, Hummelstown, PA 17036

Friendly's (some internet rumblings of this location is closed...I will have to ask my friend)
1000 Reese Avenue Hershey, PA 17033

Friendly's
422 S Forge Rd, Palmyra, PA 17078

Funck's Family Restaurant
664 W Main St, Palmyra, PA 17078

I'll add more if my friend has any suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
I won't be going. After getting my motor broken in and tuned in May I've driven it maybe a tank of gas's worth of mileage since. I get this at start up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeyJLvm3Zk8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Rod knock. It does it on start up until oil pressure builds up. This will be engine #8.
Holy crap...what happened to the rod when you barely drove it? And who is building your engines? Because damn man...I'd be in debt up to my eye balls to keep rebuilding that many engines.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#171 Old 08-02-2012, 11:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
1. Spun bearing due to defective oil pump - Subaru refused to warranty it.
2. Threw a rod the very 1st time I floored it from detonation - FIS (now defunct) refused to warranty it.
3. Clark Tuner happened to my car @ 17k miles on the motor. Car didn't even survive a full tank of gas afterwards.
4. Heads not put back together to spec. Misfired from the moment I picked it up and failed at 1,250 miles. Subaru of Plano refused to warranty it and insulted me by offering me a special deal of $3k (they said it was more than they would normally offer) for my car without a running motor.
5. Cobb rebuilt my motor and NOTHING was put together to the correct specs. Started having problems at 8k (during warranty period) and they refused to talk to me about it. Finally tore it down and it was a disaster. Their tune even hid the misfires I should have had. Cobb refused to warranty it.
6. This build was by Andrewtech and tuned by PTuning. Now have ~700 miles on it. Took a year to get it running because of issued getting the build running right and other ridiculous issues with a previous tuner (TurboXS). It could have been the built (they had an independant machine shop do it), one of the problems I had during the build, or one of the 3 tunes by 2 different tuners I had done in the 700 miles since it was built. Either way, Andrewtech is the 1st shop to say they will warranty an engine for me even though it was not their fault. +1 for Andrew.

There is another one but at the moment I can't remember what/when it was. I just know this is #8. I am in debt (this last built was my most expensive at ~$12k), but that should be paid off by the end of the year. Then I'll immediately be putting myself back in debt by replacing my DD with a 400 hp V8.
#172 Old 08-03-2012, 11:57 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Holy crap Justin, so sorry to hear man. No wonder you know so much about shops and these cars, lol. Glad to hear Andrewtech stepping up to the plate for you. Best of luck with it all man.

And Kirt thanks for posting up some places to choose from. Next week I will be out of the loop (as far as the forum goes) as I pack the house up and start to travel towards MD. But I will get back as soon as I can.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#173 Old 08-03-2012, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Not a problem Josh. I will see what my friend can come up with.

Kirt
#174 Old 08-03-2012, 10:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Justin,

BUILD YOUR OWN SHIT..... c'mon

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#175 Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Because I want my car to at least turn over when I turn the key the 1st time. !Cry!
#176 Old 08-04-2012, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
hahaha

Don't underestimate yourself.

AT the VERY least, you will blame yourself if you #### something up.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#177 Old 08-04-2012, 06:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
Damn bro I thought I had bad luck with builds, I'm currently on my 4 motor counting the stock one. So far stock was the best I got 80,000 hard miles out of her. I have yet to see more then 5,000 out of a built motor yet. I'm confedent that this latest motor built by PRE in Gresham OR. Will last me a long time they did an awesome job and I can't be happier so far, and their customer service is great as well.

I don't have to be mad to punch someone in the face!
#178 Old 08-04-2012, 07:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
If I remember correctly, Fu#ks has awesome food.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#179 Old 08-04-2012, 08:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

Randy....don't give up on recruiting Sandra. lol. My hershey friend is not responding to my text messages.

Edit: finally he responded. The only other place he recommended was: The soda jerk (its a bar) and the filling station (its a small little place, but the food is good and cheap). Let me know if you guys are interested in either of those places. The Palmyra friendlys is closed he said...not the hershey friendlys. But, the rest of the places I posted earlier will have bigger parking lots.

Kirt
#180 Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Any word on where the "pre-meet" will be? First chance to get on since starting leave and you guys just sitting on your hands, lol. Still planning on being there as long as the clutch doesnt let go on me before hand, lol.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"