Subaru WRX Forum banner

Frederick, Maryland area Subarus...in here!

5K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  srt/wrx_bee 
#1 ·
Anyone here near or in Frederick, Maryland?

#10 ·
MDturborex05, I think I might have seen your car on Rt. 40 a couple of times.. if that was you, we should cruise around some time.

Also, for everyone's info, I think some guys from Frederick Performance Center are hosting a Cruise-in during the first Friday of each month at the FCF Church (it's located at the Lynfield event complex 8 miles North of Frederick on Rt. 15 - you can pretty much see the parking lot from the highway and most of the cars start showing up around 7 pm or so). I talked to the guys at the tent and they said the first time they did it, only 8 cars showed up - probably because of bad weather. The second time (last night) there were close to 30 cars and the weather was kind of rainy toward the end of the night. They expect to see even more cars next time as the word spreads. They were tired of having to cruise all over the state trying to find places to chill and look at cars, so they decided to start something up in the Frederick area. The event is free too - you just show up, park, and walk around. There were also free drinks and snacks. Every make and model car, truck, and motorcycle is welcome. Last night, I saw some old school hot rods, a turbo eclipse with a body kit, a bunch of muscle cars, and I think my rex was the only one in the whole lot. There were also a couple choppers and superbikes and some guy was racing around a little remote control car off in one corner. Maybe next time we can get a couple subies together and meet up somewhere before it starts and roll in and park together. I think the next Cruise-in is going to be July 6th, so if you're not doing anything that night and the weather is nice, you guys should stop by.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.