Subaru WRX Forum banner

Comming to Greenville, NC

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  metroscub 
#1 ·
Hey, so my wife is active duty military and she got picked up for an officer program which sends her to school for the next 3 years...and she got accepted to east carolina university...so thats where we are headed....I was born and raised in san diego california and I've NEVER been to the east coast...how is it out there?? Anybody close to Greenville?? What are the laws concerning modded cars out there all about...is there an air resource board out there like in ca? Are they really strick about exhuast and shit like that?? I wont be out there for another couple months...I guess you could say im a lil nervous about going where i dont know ANYBODY:( ....but....im a huge fisherman and i heard the fishing is awesome! Z

#2 ·
You won't find a tougher state for emissions than CA.

I'm from PA, and personally I love the south. Call me a carpetbagger (I'm not a ******* and don't fly rebel flags) but I love South Carolina, I've spent alot of time there. I think you'll like NC just fine, the people in the Carolinas are extremely welcoming and very nice.

Be warned, NC is not CA, and there are alot of "good ol' boys" there, it's really a whole different world going from PA and crossing the Mason Dixon line, I imagine its the same for you once you get across the Mississippi.

#4 ·
hey mxboy15, do you have to get your car smogged and stuff like that in NC? The reason i ask is i want to get a dp and cobb ap for my car but i dont wanna go through the hassle if i have to go through emission testing every year or two and take all my shit off..thats why i only have cbe right now...and i'll totally drop u a line once i get there...like i said...i know nobody on the east coast....and ya...im ready to race:)

#5 ·
I'm from wilmington, NC. And went to ECU. NC has emissions testing, but they are not super strict. As far as modded cars go. I have a friend with an RX-7 that blows 6inch flames out the ass pipe when he shifts and he has never been messed with. I used to have an Eclipse GSX with a really loud exhaust, they never said anything to me...also, north carolina is a big racing state, there are tracks in almost every county(it seems like, maybe not EVERY county,, I mena, there are 100 of them.) good luck out there. ECU Halloween is awesome. and check out wilmington, the november neap tides are great there if you surf and have a good wetsuit.
matthew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.