BBQ/Meet May 26th in Walkersville, MD - Subaru WRX Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
BBQ/Meet May 26th in Walkersville, MD

For anyone in the area who might be interested, a friend of mine is organizing a bbq/meet of sorts in Walkersville, MD on Sunday, May 26th.

Here's the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/161364177363477/

Here are the details (copied from the facebook page):

So ladies and gentlemen it's about that time again to start this year off right and have some fun. Instead of the old location I've changed it to more of an open spot where we can take some really nice pics with the well organized parking lot, enjoy the scenic view, meet people, and best of all GRUB out.

Whats going on:
(RAIN or SHINE)
-Start marking your calender and take May 26th (SUNDAY) off. THIS IS AN ALL DAY EVENT!!!! Our first two BBQ meets were a great success so lets continue this meet with another bang (not talking about blowing up your car lol) to have us car enthusiasts come out and enjoy the day, relax, and have fun..not to mention show off your whips once again!

-The cookout will start 10am and finish around 5ish. I wanna change things up this time while we are there so people be prepared to get a little dirty. We are going to have a KICKBALL tournament. Yessss, bringin it back like highschool days. I will supply the balls hahaha. After the whole kickball session is over everyone can get cleaned up abit so we can go for a cruise later. Towards the end of the day a few of us are going to hit up Mirage (hooka bar) so any of you guys are welcome to join. They do serve alcohol.

-Parking is well organized so just find an open spot.

-We will have a pavilion so there will be shade in case the sun bothers some of you.

-Restrooms are on location

*10am-3pm cookout
*3pm-5pm'ish kickball tournament

Where:
9224 Devilbiss Bridge Rd
Walkersville, MD 21793

(Quickest way to get here is to continue straight down rt.15 north and make your exit onto Old Frederick Road. Then make your 1st right at the four way and continue straight down Devilbiss Bridge Road till you see the water tower getting close to you. Park will be on the left as shown in pics)

9294 DeVilbiss Bridge Rd, Walkersville, MD 21793 - Google Maps

*WARNING*
lowered people, there is speed bumps in the park. My Z clears them just fine so you can judge it off that. I recommend you go backwards to avoid them if you are concerned. These speeds bumps are not as bad.

The food:
-Ill be bringing my chicken since most of you guys killed it lol. No Joe you can't take the whole tray this time lol.

-You CAN bring alcohol. I got the permit so we are good on that.

Many of you were very generous and brought food so I'll get a food/item list going. For others that didn't attend to the last event I please ask you to bring in a dish! If not drop off $5 in the donation box.

-no burnouts or loud revving unless you drive 7 second racecar

-milfs are more than welcome to join us (im single)

-no honda's what so ever!...sike lol

-Please treat the place with respect thats all I ask!!

-This is a family place so DO NOT come into this park like a ####ing douchebag and rev your pos for no apparent reason. I will do the honor and kick your ass out.

- I am not responsible for your car if it blows up or something happens to it under any circumstance. Its your car so please drive mature!

It would be cool if some of you guys could attend because my poor little Subaru was significantly outnumbered by Nissan Zs during the last two events

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2013, 10:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'll be back in Annapolis that weekend for my cousins USNA graduation I may be able to make it...I wonder if my F250 will be too low for the speed bumps

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 04-29-2013, 07:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Annapolis is a bit of a hike from Walkersville, but if you don't mind the drive, it would be cool if you stopped by.

Randy (BLAZE2099) said he'd come too as long as his franken-hawk is still running FOL

I haven't heard from any of the others yet, but it's still a month away so there's plenty of time.

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 04-29-2013, 07:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

Looks like Tyler will be going

John
07 WRX
#5 Old 04-29-2013, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
I hit going on accident then changed it to not going. It's a little long of a drive 2 hours if we can have one right on the pa , Maryland line I'd be down but 2 hours is too far man

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#6 Old 04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Whose Tyler? And is this the meet that you were parked next to a Legacy last time?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#7 Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

I'm Tyler haha nice to meet you

turmic likes this.
#8 Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ you two are idiots.... Haha
You know each other on face book. Both on my like post from earlier today
basco, man show and 06_hawk_eye like this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#9 Old 04-29-2013, 08:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha oh yeah. Back to the original post I'd love to come but little far for me. Randy surprised your going that's close to 3 hour drive isn't it?

#10 Old 04-29-2013, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If I'm able to I will, they make these neat things called hotels, they even have beds to sleep in and a place to park your car. And another place to get a shower when you wake up out of the bed:\

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#11 Old 04-29-2013, 08:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha oh yeah I think I stayed at one of these things you call a hotel at senior week last year in ocean city it was great. ( don't remember much of the week but the beds were comfy ) sounds like it'll be a fun little meet.

#12 Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
Annapolis is a bit of a hike from Walkersville, but if you don't mind the drive, it would be cool if you stopped by.

Randy (BLAZE2099) said he'd come too as long as his franken-hawk is still running FOL

I haven't heard from any of the others yet, but it's still a month away so there's plenty of time.
It's not too bad lol, by then I may be tooling in a BRZ anyway so it'd be fun to bring that. Besides the wife wants to go to the Hagerstown outlets while were up there so, if I'm going to Hagerstown anyway lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
I hit going on accident then changed it to not going. It's a little long of a drive 2 hours if we can have one right on the pa , Maryland line I'd be down but 2 hours is too far man

Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
^ you two are idiots.... Haha
You know each other on face book. Both on my like post from earlier today
I had to like this because you got us the like button and the post is talking about liking things lol

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#13 Old 04-29-2013, 08:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha damn how far is this park from Baltimore? Gf wants to go to the Baltimore aquarium maybe take her to the aquarium then do a surprise hey where going to a car meet as well I'm sure she will be thrilled she doesn't understand car stuff.

man show likes this.
#14 Old 04-29-2013, 08:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

like an hour, maybe an hour and a half if traffic is bad on 95/395

06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#15 Old 04-30-2013, 03:52 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If I attended I'd be driving right by that pizza place in gettysburg. I doubt I'd show up hungry. God damn that place is good. You know the one I mean John? We should meet up there. It's only 2 hours from me... for a pizza.. each way.

I need help, don't judge.
man show likes this.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD