Subaru WRX Forum banner

wanted: stock or similar muffler for my '03 WRX

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  man show 
#1 ·
Hi, all, just wondering if anyone in the Bay Area can offer a decent price on a muffler that would fit my '03 WRX, like maybe you upgraded yours to something fancy and have one sitting around. :)

Here's why: I put up, down, and cat-back pipes on my Scuby for some fun. They're great, but the cat-back is a 3" mandlebrot Bosal with twin exhausts... and my wife hates it because it's loud. I have put the sound-deadening materials in the base of the trunk and behind the rear seat (it's a sedan), which certainly help, but not enough.

The only way I can keep the car *and* my wife is to replace the cat-back.

And no, before you suggest it, I can't get rid of my wife. She's 30 weeks pregnant. ;)
(Hence the noise issue for a child in the back seat.)

Anyone have a muffler from I think 2003-2005? Or maybe can recommend a good aftermarket that would be less "aggressive"?

#5 ·
My stock 2007 cat back with a single polished tip is sitting in my basement collecting dust, but unfortunately, I live across the country from you.

I can only tell you to stay away from the HKS Hi-Power cat back because that's what I have and it's pretty loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.