Subaru WRX Forum banner

Anyone else think this is a little crazy?

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Blackmist27 
#1 ·
Ok,

so there is a shop in Marin County which will remain nameless for now that i have had lots of work done in the past and referred lots of work to as well. although over the last few months with the economic down turn and what not i have noticed them getting very greedy with how their pricing. now, i fully understand its not easy for a small business to make it but at the end of the day treating customers that bring you LOTs of business like shit is STUPID! the owner from the shop has a problem with me because i asked about getting suspension from them but their pricess was pretty high, about $700 more than i found it for. so they couldnt match, which i understand and so i just bought them online and will install myself. however, i wanted this shop to do the sway bars. so sent them an email and he sends me back a verbal quote at about $1000!?!?!?!? WTF? are you serious? has anyone else paid that much for basic swaybars and end links? i think they are either Cusco sways and whitelinke endlinks or Whiteline everything for my 09 sedan... am i wrong to think this shop owner just doesnt like me and is trying to take advantage? or he doesnt want my business even if he is hurting for$? anyone identify with this?

#2 ·
Is this the pricing for the bars and endlinks OR install ?

I would just go in there and talk to him.... That OR he thinks you can install the bars and links yourself (which you can) 2-3 hours for both.

MAybe he's tired of messing w/you ?

#5 ·
ya,
i thought about doing the install myself but its hard because i live in a apartment complex and they dont allow people working on their cars. so really i dont have any where to do this. plus i would need to go buy some tools. sucks... but sounds like 800-1000 is what i can expect.

#8 ·
Do it in the parking lot at Walmart. All you need is a few sockets, a ratchet, and a breaker bar (I needed a hacksaw to cut my old bolts on the endlinks). If anyone asks just tell them your car broke down and you are fixing it. It should be fun explaining why your subframe is sitting on the ground.

#9 ·
There is 1 dealer here that has a "bay-day" every 2 months.... Not like I'd personally do it... but you get the idea. A buddy of mine here was in the military and let me go on base with him and use the lift and such.... just sayin

#12 ·
pricing used to be great. service used to be great. i used to be friends with the owner (not the brother co-owner). also the sheer convenience of the shops location. in any case, i wont go back there any time soon unless homeboy changes his tune. these days its not wise for small businesses to be not caring about customers and earning money. just doesnt make sense. anyways, i will get the sways done somewhere else. just hope these guys smarten up for the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.