02 wrx... Is it really worth it? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-14-2009, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

sLo4drKrawlr is an unknown
02 wrx... Is it really worth it?

Hello everybody,

I have a bit of a dilemma that i know you fellow NorCal drivers can help with....
This is my first topic and im fairly new to the wrx community but i've been reading some of the topics on this forum (wrxtuners) for a while now, i know that this forums contains a lot of good information and has loads of people with tons of experience so thats why i brought this question here. I know there is a search feature and i've researched a lot of info on the wrx but i wanted a more "personal answer"...

I've been looking to buy a wrx since i first drove my friends 04 stage 2 wagon about 2 years ago and i've come across a few but never one that actually stood out.... BUT!!!! This weekend (my birthday) i came across a 2002 wrx at a dealership that just kind of stood out like no other, it has a beautiful body no dents, perfect paint job, maybe 1 or 2 dings on the bottom of the front bumper but nothing major. It has 98k miles, factory boost gauge, a very clean engine with a few upgrades (wiring, exhaust, etc) it has Bronze Rotas, an axelback exhaust (not sure the brand), and a couple more minor mods.
So my question is: Should i trade my tC for the wrx?

I currently own a 2006 Scion tC i've had it since Mile #3 so this is my baby and it has 60k mile on it right now. I talked to the dealer a bit and it seemed that they would want to do a straight trade, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
Pierre

ps
Im very sorry for rambling on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-13-2011, 10:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

wreckonize is an unknown
Does this wrx have a carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber trunk and spoiler also by any chance?
#3 Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Heh, you're asking on a WRX forum dude. Yes, you should do it. What color is it?

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#4 Old 01-14-2011, 05:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Factory boost gauge ?

Post up pics as well as whatever else it has on it. Straight on the shlonghead you will need to do the timing bely (100K service) which is not cheap... unless it's already done. Among a few other things...

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#5 Old 01-14-2011, 09:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Anybody else notice that the op posted this a year and a half ago and nobody responded until yesterday? I'm pretty sure we're not gonna hear back from him/her

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)