your exhausts!! - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocwrx View Post
I'm running a helix v3 dp w/ apexi gtspec catback and it's pretty loud. also w/ my headers and up-pipe I get stopped about 2-5 times a week by the fuzz.
I'm so glad I live in a place where cops don't care how loud your car is. My motorcycle is about 10 times louder than my wrx, and never got pulled over for it either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-14-2007, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by valetudospan View Post
2 to 5 times a week!!!!!
Vale tudo FTW

BJJ for the win!
#33 Old 04-14-2007, 05:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

schumajb is an unknown
I was thinking of getting the Cobb Stage 2 package (Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust + AccessPort). Should I get it with or without Cat??? Also, I have never installed exhaust before, Is this pretty easy as a do it yourself thing with a day to work on it?

ALSO - I just installed my SPT intake and Heatshield on my 2006 WRX eventhough almost everyone told me not to get one. I love it! I can hear the turbo now and I am sure it improves performance a little especially after adding the Stage 2 map. Certainly can't make it worse!

Thanks!
#34 Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

FeD_bballGT is an unknown
I've got the Invidia G200, it looks good, but its massive! with its 5 inch tip. Its pretty loud, but not excessively loud, or at least for me, considering i dont have any other engine/ exhaust mods (up-pipe...) except for the cat-back yet.

#35 Old 04-15-2007, 12:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

scooby_wagon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to scooby_wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumajb View Post
I was thinking of getting the Cobb Stage 2 package (Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust + AccessPort). Should I get it with or without Cat??? Also, I have never installed exhaust before, Is this pretty easy as a do it yourself thing with a day to work on it?

ALSO - I just installed my SPT intake and Heatshield on my 2006 WRX eventhough almost everyone told me not to get one. I love it! I can hear the turbo now and I am sure it improves performance a little especially after adding the Stage 2 map. Certainly can't make it worse!

Thanks!

Definitely a catless downpipe, and basically your not gonna pass smog w/ or w/o cats on a tbe, i would just go all catless and save some money and get alittle better flow

the installation is one of the easiest if you have even the smallest amount of mechanic know-how on your car. the downpipe will take the longest to do, like two hours or so if it all goes smoothly just cause of its position and position of the bolts, the easiest is the rest, catback, which literally only takes 30mins I dont know if its different on the 06 but on my 02 since the downpipe is a huge bellmouth the stock turbo heat shield wont fit back on without a little modifying. Or you can just leave it off, but the extra heat temp might affect your intercooler since its right above it.
#36 Old 04-15-2007, 06:30 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by acg3884 View Post
I have the Cobb cat back system. Its loud enough to where everyone knows what ya got, but not so loud to where your gonna get in trouble with it. Plus is doesnt have that raspy sound that a lot of after market exhausts have. Also, if you plan on getting the Cobb access point, it's the only exhaust that is designed to work with it.
Where did you read that the AP ONLY works with the Cobb TBE? The AP is meant to work with any TBE. There are several people here and that I have met that arent on here that have several different types of TBE and using the AP with much added power to their car and no problems.
#37 Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby_wagon View Post
Definitely a catless downpipe, and basically your not gonna pass smog w/ or w/o cats on a tbe, i would just go all catless and save some money and get alittle better flow

the installation is one of the easiest if you have even the smallest amount of mechanic know-how on your car. the downpipe will take the longest to do, like two hours or so if it all goes smoothly just cause of its position and position of the bolts, the easiest is the rest, catback, which literally only takes 30mins I dont know if its different on the 06 but on my 02 since the downpipe is a huge bellmouth the stock turbo heat shield wont fit back on without a little modifying. Or you can just leave it off, but the extra heat temp might affect your intercooler since its right above it.

Where did you hear that you won`t pass smog with a catted DP? You might not pass visual , but if you car is running right, then you should pass smog with a catted DP. I passed smog in my 93 chevy with a high flow cat and flowmaster and that thing doesnt even have a MAF, just a TPS and 200,000 miles. It actually failed smog with the stock cat and since I qualified (because of age and miles) to go with a high flow/aftermarket cat, I swapped it out and it passed with flying colors. In Ca. we don`t have to get smogged for the first 6 years on a new car, and by then I am hoping to qualify because of mileage to have an aftermarket cat for smog. I think you might be wrong on this. ANYBODY.???

BTW tin snips FTW on the heat shield mod or keep the stock heat shield in a pile in the garage with the stock exhaust and buy an SPT heat shield for like $50.

BJJ for the win!

Last edited by BithellWgn06; 04-16-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: addition of tin snips
#38 Old 04-17-2007, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

Speedogomer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Speedogomer
Personally I think the angled exhaust exit is total ricer, and I cringe whenever I see one on a WRX.

-Justin, aka Gomer
(sold)-05 WRX
(new)-04 Cadillac CTS-V
#39 Old 04-17-2007, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
^I second that opinion, I hate the angled exhaust.
#40 Old 04-17-2007, 02:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
BithellWgn06 wrote: In Ca. we don`t have to get smogged for the first 6 years on a new car, and by then I am hoping to qualify because of mileage to have an aftermarket cat for smog.

I didn't realize the whole mileage consideration. Is there any sort of chart that gives the mileage breakpoints that you've seen (and would be willing to share)?

If not, thanks just the same for mentioning this.

Last edited by sleepr; 04-19-2007 at 07:43 PM.
#41 Old 04-17-2007, 08:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

scooby_wagon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to scooby_wagon
my friends 05wrx didnt pass with a high flow cat on the dp. i may be wrong, this is just what ive seen. I havent smogged my car with the tbe on so couldnt say personally. sorry man.
#42 Old 04-19-2007, 05:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
Anybody know of an exhaust that has a sound similar to the Blitz Nur Spec catback just a little quieter? I love the sound and look of the exhaust but i dont need that much extra attention from the local PD. I know that it comes with a silencer but i have heard complaints of rattling and it doesnt look very good witht the silencer in.
#43 Old 04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

derekwrx is an unknown
hey I just received my ebay turbo back today and I was wondering what if i leave the midpipe but change the muffler and the downpipe do you guys think itll pass because the midpipe has a cat right?
#44 Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

k_rhayes is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Where did you read that the AP ONLY works with the Cobb TBE? The AP is meant to work with any TBE. There are several people here and that I have met that arent on here that have several different types of TBE and using the AP with much added power to their car and no problems.
i have the AP stage 2 with the invidia tbe and it works just fine.... i think a lot of people on here are runnign AP with all different kinds of tbe....even the EBAY tbe should work fine with the AP. The maps are general to work with any tbe, you just cant go to stage 2 till you get the dp.

Need More Power
#45 Old 05-03-2007, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

dgilman360 is an unknown
INVIDIA N1 TBE do they sell a silencer for it by any chance and hows the angle on it???