WRX with rev issues. - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By daddysfastcar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

daddysfastcar is an unknown
WRX with rev issues.

I have a 04 WRX with a EJ257 swap. I think it is just the block. Here is a list of mods that I know about.
GReddy FMIC
AEM intake
HKS turbo back exhaust
Apexi bost controoler
piggy back ECU with some kind of tune
Stage 1 clutch
As far s I know it is the stock WRX turbo with the stock fuel pump and injectors.
The issue that I am having is that when I take off it seems like when you hit around 4000 to 4500 RPM the car kind of stops producing power. I plan on doing some upgrades and doing a tune but there is no one around close to me that I know of that tunes Subarus. Anyway if anyone has any idea of what I can do that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Need to see a log. What ECU is it?

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #3 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 04:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
I hope it has injectors and a fuel pump. You can't run the stock 2.0L injectors when upgrading the block to a 2.5L.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I just looked and it is a Turbo-XS ECU
I do not have any log data to show. Also I am not sure who put all this stuff in the car. (As far as a shop goes)
I was told to get rid of the Apexi boost controller. Cause it will cause issues. I have it going in for a service at the Subaru dealership in town here Should I ask them if they can tell me what injectors and turbo it has or should I just look myself? I do plan on getting a new fuel pump and bigger injectors anyway.
post #5 of 8 Old 07-02-2013, 08:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You should be able to tell what charger it is.... and unless you take the inj out, you won't be able to tell.... unless it has an aftermarket/custom fuel rail and lines.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #6 of 8 Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I went out and looked at the turbo to see what I can find. Sorry I am not familiar with the subaru turbos to just look at them , but here is what I could find on the turbo itself. It has the cast # of 77-14020. Everything else looks stock. The fuel rails look like they are factory. They have no markings that I can see on them. I have ordered a new fuel pump and injectors for it, they should be here on friday or monday.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-08-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Update: I went out today and had my old man over who is a retired diesel Mech and he was looking at one of the FMIC coupler and told me to take it off. When I did he grabbed it and said thought so and showed me the big cut in it from where the hose clamp was tightened to tight. I went down and bought a new one and replaced it and now the car revs great and I took it for a spin and WOW what a difference. I Have the new turbo and the injectors and the fuel pump should be here tomorrow according to UPS. Thanks for your help.
the RIOT act likes this.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-09-2013, 07:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

Look into t-bolt clamps...

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3