Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L '04-07 STi and '06-07 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/)
-   -   WRX with rev issues. (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/wrx-rev-issues-36258/)

daddysfastcar 07-01-2013 12:11 AM

WRX with rev issues.

I have a 04 WRX with a EJ257 swap. I think it is just the block. Here is a list of mods that I know about.
GReddy FMIC
AEM intake
HKS turbo back exhaust
Apexi bost controoler
piggy back ECU with some kind of tune
Stage 1 clutch
As far s I know it is the stock WRX turbo with the stock fuel pump and injectors.
The issue that I am having is that when I take off it seems like when you hit around 4000 to 4500 RPM the car kind of stops producing power. I plan on doing some upgrades and doing a tune but there is no one around close to me that I know of that tunes Subarus. Anyway if anyone has any idea of what I can do that would be great.

pzr2874 07-01-2013 06:20 AM

Need to see a log. What ECU is it?

brfatal 07-01-2013 03:36 PM

I hope it has injectors and a fuel pump. You can't run the stock 2.0L injectors when upgrading the block to a 2.5L.

daddysfastcar 07-01-2013 09:11 PM

I just looked and it is a Turbo-XS ECU
I do not have any log data to show. Also I am not sure who put all this stuff in the car. (As far as a shop goes)
I was told to get rid of the Apexi boost controller. Cause it will cause issues. I have it going in for a service at the Subaru dealership in town here Should I ask them if they can tell me what injectors and turbo it has or should I just look myself? I do plan on getting a new fuel pump and bigger injectors anyway.

pzr2874 07-02-2013 07:16 AM

You should be able to tell what charger it is.... and unless you take the inj out, you won't be able to tell.... unless it has an aftermarket/custom fuel rail and lines.

daddysfastcar 07-03-2013 08:06 PM

I went out and looked at the turbo to see what I can find. Sorry I am not familiar with the subaru turbos to just look at them , but here is what I could find on the turbo itself. It has the cast # of 77-14020. Everything else looks stock. The fuel rails look like they are factory. They have no markings that I can see on them. I have ordered a new fuel pump and injectors for it, they should be here on friday or monday.

daddysfastcar 07-08-2013 09:20 PM

Update: I went out today and had my old man over who is a retired diesel Mech and he was looking at one of the FMIC coupler and told me to take it off. When I did he grabbed it and said thought so and showed me the big cut in it from where the hose clamp was tightened to tight. I went down and bought a new one and replaced it and now the car revs great and I took it for a spin and WOW what a difference. I Have the new turbo and the injectors and the fuel pump should be here tomorrow according to UPS. Thanks for your help.

pzr2874 07-09-2013 06:21 AM

Look into t-bolt clamps...