WRX Limitations - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-26-2008, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
hahaha, you should be happy with your current choices, my choices were a 87 CRANK hp Corolla , BUT NOW I GOTS A 160WHP Jetta

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

exmotoman is an unknown
Gentleman,

Any recommendations for a replacement turbo? The shop here has a VF34 that put my exhaust on. Looking for 350-400 as that is all this stock clutch, pistons and rods could handle. Any advice is greatly appreciated...
#18 Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

bocaks is an unknown
you can use eighter 34 or 39, just make sure you chose a turbo that cobb has a map for. cobb has not been greatly usefull to me when not using their maps. truth is my AP is a paper weight because I have a VF-23 and at tuning time cobb didn't have street tuner or pro-tuner software out yet, so I said @#$% IT! and learned how to use enginuity. it has served me well since then.
I haven't heard any thing on the software but I haven't been listening for it eighter. but you sound like you know where your going so just check on it before you open the custom tune Box Unawares!
cobb's map page. have a look
CobbTuning.com - Subaru AccessPORT

fuel pump is a must at this point, if its not done do it. but then say hello to 300AWHP with a VF-39 if thats the way your leaning.

do you find yourself wishing for a bit more rear wheel bias when acel. through the corner? just wondering because it kinda gets to me, and i'm used to rear wheel to.

its all coming together, after a year.
02 WRX
#19 Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

kmjd is an unknown
Exmo, sounds like your not a kid but still like a practical fun car to drive. I'm also in that boat and enjoy my wagon with stage 2. Its great as a wagon for golf clubs and other stuff and beats driving a sport ute anyday! Reliability is keeping me from addional mods. I need a car thats good in stop n go traffic as well as in the snow. Alot of the posts here are from guys who drive their cars like you drive your 600hp vette (fast!!). Being able to drive 200 miles to the moutains for a week once a month is what I enjoy. Let us know how your mods go! Golf is great!
#20 Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

exmotoman is an unknown
kmjd, still a kid at heart however long from there. This is my daily driver that actually gets decent mileage and handles great in snow in the mountains. I have my other toys which satisfy the need for velocity. Looking at either a VF34 or FP 18G and call it a day, which should be enough and not kill the tranny or clutch. I have seen some quick, heavily modified EVO's and STi's at the track however not good daily drivers. No replacement for displacement though!
#21 Old 08-26-2008, 08:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

exmotoman is an unknown
The car went into the shop yesterday for the VF39, larger TMIC, Fuel pump and pro tune. Looking foward to seeing the numbers after it get's off the dyno tomorrow, should make things a little more fun.