Will this all mate up? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Will this all mate up?

Hello all!

I have been looking around and have pretty much decided on the kind of exhaust setup I want to use.

I am considering a few last options and would like to get some input as far as which one would be the better setup. Here are my criteria: I am not that interested in amazing sound, as a matter of fact I would rather it not be loud, but simply show that I have something under the hood. I want to install both a Boost gauge and an Exhaust temp gauge and would like to be able to do this rather easily. Bang for my buck.

Here are my options, thus far.
I decided to go with the AP v.2 for my engine management. Green filter w/silende delete. Now when it comes to the exhaust is where my questions lie. I have been looking at the invidia V2 Bellmouth DP mated to either a Cobb catback system or an invidia N1 catback system. I am assuming they will all mate up, but my question is as follows.
Since I want to be able to somewhat easily install a exhaust temp gauge I am considering paying the extra money and getting the Cobb catless Downpipe which has an extra hole where i could screw in the Exhaust temp sensor and still be able to re-attach my O2 sensor. The Invidia DP only has a hole for the existing O2 sensor and I am wondering how much work I would have to do in order to get an EGT gauge in there. Problem with Cobb, in my mind, is that its expensive and not the best "bang for the buck". I see Inivdia as a pretty solid product all around, and good value for my money. The only reason I would go with a Cobb catback system is because it sounds very nice and is below the alloted California db levels.

So... any advice for someone who feels like there are just too many decent products out there to choose from? lol.
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
my ebay downpipe had a space for an egt gauge right after the turbine which is a good place to put it. you can get a bung added at an exhaust shop for like 20$ but the ebay pipe works fine and fits fine.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #3 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
It did? hmm... from the pictures it looks like it only had a spot for the O2 sensor.

I have looked a bit more at everything and I have kinda settled on the invidia V3 downpipe since it has a divorced wastegate for improved flow. Now all I need to really decide on is whether or not to shell out the extra cash for a Cobb or just go with a diff catback.
post #4 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 10:23 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erlend View Post
It did? hmm... from the pictures it looks like it only had a spot for the O2 sensor.

I have looked a bit more at everything and I have kinda settled on the invidia V3 downpipe since it has a divorced wastegate for improved flow. Now all I need to really decide on is whether or not to shell out the extra cash for a Cobb or just go with a diff catback.
I dont know how much it cost, but you could check into the Borla Hush CBE. Im sure that it has to be cheaper than what the Cobb one is, just another option as far as the quiet exhausts go. Or you could just put on the DP, after changing it the rest is just for sound, not performance really.
post #5 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Hmm really? The rest would not really net me that much performance? I have been considering getting the EM, Filter, Silence delete, DP and then just flash a stage 2 map and run it like that for a while. But I figured I would see quite a bit more gainst from a high flow cat-back system.

If not, I'll probably leave the stock cat-back on for a while and then save up for a protune and a catback later on.
post #6 of 15 Old 05-06-2007, 11:26 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Hmm really? The rest would not really net me that much performance? I have been considering getting the EM, Filter, Silence delete, DP and then just flash a stage 2 map and run it like that for a while. But I figured I would see quite a bit more gainst from a high flow cat-back system.

If not, I'll probably leave the stock cat-back on for a while and then save up for a protune and a catback later on.
If your money situation is a little tight, this will aliviate some of the strain and still get you power. You will get a few HP with the high flow cat, but you will stick pick up the most from changing out the DP.
post #7 of 15 Old 05-07-2007, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
The money isn't really tight, I just want to make sure I get the most bang for my buck so to speak.
post #8 of 15 Old 05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
i have a megan dp, and megan cbe, which means no cats at all, the dp came with a bung right after the turbine as well, and is really easily accessible....the cbe was like 365, and the dp was around 150.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
post #9 of 15 Old 05-07-2007, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Nice... let me look into the Megan CBE. I am seriously leaning towards the Invidia V3 dicorced wastgate downpipe for the time being, but any sugestions are good sugestions
post #10 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 03:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
kk... got everything ordered and on it's way in the mail.

Prosport Green/White Electric EGT, electric oil pressure and electric boost gauges in an autometer apillar pod.
Green filter.
Invidia V3 Divorced wastegate DP
Cobb AP V2

Going to install it all once I get everything in the mail.
Is there anything I should be aware of in the install or is it pretty much plug and play with a little blood and difficult bolts?
I opted away from doing the Silence delete because it really doesn't seem to actually DO much of anything except allow for a bit more sound, and, as far as performance goes, would give me nada.
Going to use the Cobb Stage2 map for now, but once I decide on what look and sound I want for my CBE I will be getting a protune. Can anyone reccomend a good shop in San Diego who knows how to work with AP's?

Thanks again for everyones help and I will try to get pictures of everything so I can pay my dues to the community and hopefully help someone down the line.
post #11 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 06:39 AM
WRXpert

bigbadbuddha is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to bigbadbuddha Send a message via MSN to bigbadbuddha
Just so you know a divorced waste gate adds a fair amount of sound to the car...

Big Jae -
JDM version 7 bugeye
post #12 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Yeah, that's why I am being quite picky on my catback.
When you mention sound... it simply adds more exhaust noise right?
post #13 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
kk... got everything ordered and on it's way in the mail.

Prosport Green/White Electric EGT, electric oil pressure and electric boost gauges in an autometer apillar pod.
Green filter.
Invidia V3 Divorced wastegate DP
Cobb AP V2

Going to install it all once I get everything in the mail.
Is there anything I should be aware of in the install or is it pretty much plug and play with a little blood and difficult bolts?
I opted away from doing the Silence delete because it really doesn't seem to actually DO much of anything except allow for a bit more sound, and, as far as performance goes, would give me nada.
Going to use the Cobb Stage2 map for now, but once I decide on what look and sound I want for my CBE I will be getting a protune. Can anyone reccomend a good shop in San Diego who knows how to work with AP's?

Thanks again for everyones help and I will try to get pictures of everything so I can pay my dues to the community and hopefully help someone down the line.
Did you also get injectors and a fuel pump and IC? Didnt see them on the list. Sounds like a nice setup your going with though. Cant wait to see the install and the numbers it puts down.
post #14 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Erlend is an unknown
Nope, no upgrades to the fuel system yet. That will be the next step, but we shall see what I decide to do in the future.
post #15 of 15 Old 06-07-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Nope, no upgrades to the fuel system yet. That will be the next step, but we shall see what I decide to do in the future.
Cool, I cant wait to see some numbers and results from the install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement