whats next - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

clipsy is an unknown
whats next

Hi well i was just wondering if i should get a dp or, should i keep saving for a vf39 turbo? and if i get the turbo upgrade what else should i get?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2008, 11:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
my suggestion is keep saving for a complete system: Up-pipe, Turbo back exhaust (DP included), turbo, injectors, fuel pump, bigger Intercooler, IC hoses, sparkplugs, and protune.

'06 does not necessarily need a new up-pipe, or at least that's my understanding from reading some of the posts regarding '06-'07s (anyone correct me if I'm wrong)

If your savings rate is modest, then I'd consider the TBE first (even though personally, I'd start with suspension, tires/wheels, etc). But don't rely on my opinion alone, there are plenty of threads that can be searched (try keywords: turbo, upgrade, exhaust, stage 1, stage 2...), or find someone's car profile that you like and search their posts.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"

Last edited by sleepr; 08-03-2008 at 11:40 AM. Reason: up-pipe not needed? and bolded items are installed together
#3 Old 08-04-2008, 01:33 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You will need the DP regardless. So get it, drive it around and enjoy that bump in power. Or keep saving for the complete system like stated above, minus the up pipe and spark plugs. You really shouldnt have to upgrade them, just make sure your current ones are gapped properly and cleaned. Do you have any type of EM at all? Thats something that will also be needed with either the stage 2 or the vf39 setup.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 08-04-2008, 05:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

clipsy is an unknown
i have catback short ram and cobb ap2
#5 Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

sfelix818 is more helpful than not
You won't need injectors if you do a vf39 upgrade but downpipe alone will give nice gains.