Subaru WRX Forum banner

Whats the best catback

15K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  subiesti07 
#1 ·
I want to know what catback is the best for fittment alot of people are telling hks has issues with fittment

#4 ·
Look on ebay for a seller named nissangtrpower <-- I think

They sell a SRS Catback (n1 angled out) for <$250 shipped.

Lasted me through 2 cars and never had any issue whatsoever and fitment was perfect.

Some might say you shouldn't get it but you won't have an issue if you don't deal with salt on the roads (which you won't right now anyways).

#5 ·
Catbacks are a pretty subjective topic. The reason you'd upgrade one in terms of power is to prevent a restriction when you start to make more power in other mods. Otherwise, it's mostly for sound and show. My recommendation is to take some time and do your homework to figure out what you like. Then do additional research to see if others have had fitment problems with that particular catback.

#11 ·
Basically if you ask 10 people you'll get 10 different answers, 20 depending on age of the people you ask...:D
On that note:
I have been running a Surewin catback(cheap Ebay model) for years and it looks stock, sounds good and hasn't rusted in 7 years. I've had no issues with rubbing or how it attached to my DP at all. It's a standard 3" pipe with mandrel bends so less restrictive and for the most part I am very happy with it.

#12 ·
Hi haters :p

The axle-back is gone. I kept the other part, but the flex section is semi-squished, so it's in inch or more shorter than it should be, so it's relatively useless. That part has been added to the pile of WRX-artifacts in my basement. I really don't know why I'm keeping it at this point... sentimental value? Some day it will probably be scrap metal too.

#13 ·
No hating here...just sarcasam John. ;)

To the OP...its a each his own kind of opinion on catback exhausts. I really wish I could have a Greddy EVO II catback....but, they stopped making it by the time I got to modifying over SPT parts and got my STI. Catbacks are pretty much just a sound maker and don't do much beyond that. So, its up to you for which sound you like with the look. Some like angled and some like it straight...(exhausts....get your head out of the gutter :p ) Others like a large tip and others like it when it looks stock or dual tips. See what I mean?

#14 ·
My choice was price driven. Picked up the Invidia G200 for $200 used. No fitment issues, and the only thing I had to buy was the gaskets and the Kartboy Exhaust hangars. The muffler/tip was literally touching the rear bumper, so the hangars are longer to give that space between bumper and exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.