What would you like to see in a new FMIC kit?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
What would you like to see in a new FMIC kit??

We are planning on releasing a new FMIC kit for 08 for the 02-07 wrx/sti.
I have heard so many different people wanting different things and I just want to gauge which things are most important to you.
1.Keeps fog lights...yes or no
2.Factory bumper beam vs aftermarket
3.clockwise vs counterclockwise flow
4.cfm rating on the core (thinking of offering 2 kits,one doing about 600cfm and keeping the factory beam, and the other doing 900 cfm and using an aftermarket beam)
5.optional hotside adapter pipe kits for going rotated on the "big" kit
6.?????
Please let me know which of these things are most important to you as well as inform me of anything you would like to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 09:57 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Seen your guys website and I like how you list flow #'s and pressure drop#'s.Prices look great!Definatly offering two different size cores would be a plus.It would allow those with smaller turbos who want a FMIC to maximize performance with less lag.What air filter have you included with the intake that comes with the FMIC kits?Maybe offer a washable dry media type(AEM,Amsoil Ea) instead of an oiled filter.I like the color options you offer.Site looks good!

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
Thanks!!! Yeah I thought about the 2 core sizes because I personally hate to spend money twice and this would give the customer the ability to run a core now that will maximize the vf39 or whatever they have then when they go to a 20g or rotated then all they have to buy is just the core/support and they can use the rest of their kit.

Nobody wants to buy a whole new kit just because they went to a larger turbo. Then again nobody wants to run a laggy huge core on a 16 g either. This kind fixes both issues. I am also planning on making supplemental pipes to allow bolt up to rotated setups or possibly even a reversed intake (thanks to the guys on NASIOC for the idea!!!!)
post #4 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 01:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Okeyd57 is an unknown
I can tell you one thing that wasn't included with my fmic kit, and that's T-bolt clamps. I got these rinky-dink worm clamps that blew off every chance they got !

Are you located in WV ? I live in Beaver, just outside of Beckley.

Okey's Black Mamba-06 STi-OBP- Cobb stage 2
post #5 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
I am located int he bluefield/princeton area! We should meet up some time. I would love to check out your car!
post #6 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 05:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxman420 is more helpful than not
How about all the things you listed in the first post and maybe a blow thru boost tube like perrin has. It relocates the maf to right before the throttle body so you can run atmospheric bov w/o problems.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 07:30 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
/\ great idea!

post #8 of 12 Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
Good thinking!! I will def look into the blow through maf. I have a local machine shop cutting me some maf mounts now so all I would have to do is weld them on when requested. I also have some being made from nylon to insulate the maf. We will see how that works.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-22-2008, 10:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Nice idea!! I can tell you right off the bat that will make you the most business. 99% of WRX tuners come from SR20/DSM backgrounds and loooove VTA BOV's. That should be one of your first priorities.

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
post #10 of 12 Old 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL Scooby View Post
Nice idea!! I can tell you right off the bat that will make you the most business. 99% of WRX tuners come from SR20/DSM backgrounds and loooove VTA BOV's. That should be one of your first priorities.
Right,show before go should be their first priority. A blow thu MAF isn't just install and done.You need to retune for it.

post #11 of 12 Old 01-22-2008, 02:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

SWFL Scooby is an unknown
Understood. I am all go no show, but I think you can agree many on this site are not.

Tuners with this option will save much more with a blow thru set up than Perrin's $1500 set up.

D-Rock
Under constant pressure
post #12 of 12 Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rob@CSS is an unknown
Keep the ideas coming guys! You have brought up several points I never thought of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement