Subaru WRX Forum banner

what turbo should i get

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  newtothegame 
#1 ·
first i want to ask if any one has upgraded there turbo from strock , and if it is worth it. second , what are some good brands that are out there iam fairly new. also is it a big risk to the engin is it going to hurt it or shorten the life span :confused:

#3 ·
an 18g will put down like 330 whp man.

with that said custom fabbed 42r kit ftw!

i rarely say this but search around a lot this topic is beaten to death. theres a ot more that goes into a turboswap besides just the turbo.

#4 ·
Anytime you add some go faster toys, its going to decrease the life span of your engine, that being said most turbo swaps out there if done correctly/tuned properly, will make some good/better power and your engine life wont decrease drastically. What WILL suffer is your tranny. If you can, when you decide what kind of turbo you want to do start putting money aside for your tranny. Also since you have an 06 anything less than an 18g is going to be a waste of your money/time/effort.

#7 ·
+1 to all that. Get an 18G and get the supporting mods for it (i.e IC, DP, EM, injectors, and fuel pump) and then start saving for the tranny so you can drive it like it was meant to. There is a guy with an 06 making 331WHP with his 18G, but I think he ended up replacing his tranny a few days after getting the car out of the shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.