What's next? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot9mt View Post
Wow, that was some pretty useful stuff right there haha. Thanks for taking the time to explain things a little simpler than the guy before you. One quick intercooler question. Ebay intercoolers...yay or nay? I've read up on it and there have been mixed results, but a lot of people say they work great and they're pretty cheap. Suggestions?
I don't like Ebay intercoolers but a lot of people use them and they work well for what you pay for them. I am sticking with my TurboXS TMIC. I think that it is one of the best ones on the market.

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
They are a matter of opinion.. I personally don't like them, but guys have told me they helped install one and the Fitment sucked..... they had to bend the AC lines and then it would only bolt up on the one side. They were installing an SS AutoChrome I believe..

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."
#18 Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

koolpaul1082 is an unknown
listen to shoaf he's the man. one good word of advice would be to research as much as possible, and try to things together/ in order so that your not having to remove and install parts a million times.
#19 Old 07-06-2007, 02:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

Team Dream is an unknown
you wanna stay on stock turbo and make as much power as posible that is what I am getting out of this post. Well here is what I would recoment since you already ordered downpipe, catback and ap2. Upgrade your tmic is a must, I would also get a alky/water injection kit, upgrade your boost solenoid, or get a new uppipe that is flanged for external wastegate and get an external. you don't need to upgrade injectors, or fuel pump with the stock turbo. The biggest problems you will run into is being able to run some timing because the stock turbo makes huge midrange power, then drops off around 5500. The water, alky, meth injection will allow you to run insane amounts of timing safely, with as much boost as the turbo puts out, and the reason I say external wastegate is because the stock turbo is going to spike boost in 3rd 4th & 5th gears in the low mid rpms, I have hit 24psi in 4th gear @ 3400 rpms on an incline. An external wastegatge is going to allow you to control your boost alot better, you will be able to eliminate the boost spikes and also boost creep. the talk about p&p stock header and uppipe in my opinion is not worth the trouble when you can just buy a header already done, which will yeild some power gains, but not much on the stock turbo. When you upgrade turbos that is a different story. I am speaking from experience as I have done everything motor wise needed to make as much power from stock turbo as you can on my 07. My car has not been stock since 12 hours after I picked it up and I have been building and tuning cars for 11 years. If you need any more info PM me and I can give you more details and what to expect from your car.
#20 Old 07-06-2007, 05:26 PM
WRXpert

LiL Shoaf is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to LiL Shoaf Send a message via Yahoo to LiL Shoaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Dream View Post
I have hit 24psi in 4th gear @ 3400 rpms on an incline.

Wow, would I love to see this shaft play and oil seals...

02 WRX.. "It's fun when it runs.. Problem is that it hardly ever does..."

Last edited by LiL Shoaf; 07-06-2007 at 07:03 PM.