Subaru WRX Forum banner

WHAT NEXT? 06 wrx

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
Hey guys, It has been a while since I posted on here, and in that time I have done a TON to my car.

My Mod list:

2004 Sti 6 speed 30k
brand new Exedy oem replace Clutch
2004 sti rear diff 30k
2004 sti brembos 30k
hawk performace pads
2004 sti cluster 30k
2004 Sti Interior
Sti Spoiler
Sti decals
STI TMIC
Vf39
850cc injectors
TGV DELETES
Grimmspeed DP
Kakumei Cat-back
Perrin Turbo Inlet
Perrin BIG MAF
Perrin Crank Pulley
Tein Flex Coilovers with EDFC system
Cusco front and rear bars
Perrin Adjustable lateral Links
Rally Armour Mudflaps
Hella Supertones
18" OZ Prodrives wrapped with 235/55/18

Im sure I forgot something but that about sums it up. I also am running e85 and LOVING IT.

Basically just Posting about a update on my car and to see what everyone thought about it!!!:)

but Im also looking into getting a bigger turbo/intercooler setup as my next upgrade and was wondering what would be my best bang for buck setup. I don't want ebay cheap but I don't want to spend a ton either. Possible Upgrade something else first???

See less See more
#2 ·
Start port n polishing your intake manifold, exhaust mani and throttle body....

Why do you have the big MAF on there with the stock charger ? Just wondering.

And ditch the parkbench :)

Can't see your pic (work filters)

#6 ·
Damn, that's a lot of work to convert a car. You're just missing the small bits of the STI like all the bushings/suspension bits and the underbody diffuser. Stuff like that.

Small question...did you not upgrade your fuel pump or just not list it in the OP?

#9 ·
SEXY SUPRA. i will let you know on the turbo. I do have a fuel pump. wallbro. I just forgot to post that. My idea on building the motor was... I would get the bigger turbo and IC and run that until my motor started giving out. I just figure I could get the power gains first and my motor would last long enough to save up to build the motor. good idea? bad?

#17 ·
Calipers are not specific on bolt pattern, it's the rotors that are. The OP has an 04' STi trans which would keep them 5x100, would still need the rotors for the larger surface area. But again, I don't think swapping the calipers is necessary, although it's nice to have.

#22 ·
The well documented threads/builds I have read are opposite to what I would do - 04-05 WRX with an 06-07 STi trans. I found someone (through NASIOC) within the tri-state area for me that hooked me up with a solid answer. And the ratio of the 5-spd in the 06-07 WRX is fantastic. I could usually hit over 100 in 4th easily.

#23 ·
Its not that big of a deal realistically...its a extra shift. And if you start getting into larger turbos....the 1st gear on a 6 spd will get you up and moving pretty darn quick. Helps kill the lag :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.