Subaru WRX Forum banner

what mods do i must get with 16G turbo?

6K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
I'm about to order 16G turbocharger any second now.!Thumbs Up
but what other mods do i have to get along with that turbocharger?
Injectors?, walbro fuel pump?...i'm pretty new to turbochaged car!!
can i drive my car without protune with just utec delta map? if i can then which map? map#1~5

current mods on the car:2007 wrx sedan
Blitz nur-spec RX catback
Helix d/p with cat.
ebay tmic
spt short ram air intake
UTEC Delta

#9 ·
You should get a fuel pump, but it sounds like you're a bit confused about the way UTEC's maps work. When you are asking which map to choose, 1-5, there are not pre-loaded maps on there. They are open spots for you to transfer a map to. In other words, you could have the same map for all 5 spots if you so desired. You have to download a basemap from their website and upload it yourself via PC. Since you have a 16g, you'll have to email them and ask for one since they don't have an 16g map listed. For temporary purposes, you should be okay with the VF34 map, just don't lay on it.

#14 ·
i just called turboxs and the guy told me he could tune it for me for $450 with dyno & test drive & tune! lord i hear getting less richer day by day ~!!! $$$$$$$$

and he recommend me with 18G instead of 16G turbo. and fuel pump/injectors.

#19 ·
Jonpark said:
i just called turboxs and the guy told me he could tune it for me for $450 with dyno & test drive & tune! lord i hear getting less richer day by day ~!!! $$$$$$$$

and he recommend me with 18G instead of 16G turbo. and fuel pump/injectors.
Why injectors yours flow as much as an STis injectors? Yeah an 18g would be better for your car, but the choice is up to you, what ever you can afford to do.

#26 ·
ok now, i'm ready to order a 18G turbo($879) and Fuel Pump w/ kit($95) and Fuel Injectors($560) from extreme PSI. all together came out to $1536.50. is this a good price?
or are there any better deal than this? and do i need any other little parts that i need to complete the installation? let me know please~^^

#27 ·
Stock injectors on a 06+ are 560cc which is barely bigger than pinks. http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/index.php will get you a good deal. Plus they have an injector calculator hhhmm...funny when i put in 400hp=320whp(20% drivetrain reduction) with a max IDC of 90% (80% is recomended highest) and a BSFC of .6 it recommends 700cc injectors:) .This is the same injector calculator RC Engineering uses. They sell 650cc ones for $329 and 750cc for $359.

#30 · (Edited)
I dont know how it is on subarus but on dsm when people do 2.4 they blow their 16g like nothing, even 18g is too small. What you want is like a 50 trim or something in that size. It is a 2.5 so your lag will be at minimum. 3500 rpm and you are in full boost or arround there. Look arround because 50 trims are not that expensive for dsm so for subaru it should not be much more then for 18g. You also should get the injectors in a good size like 650 and up, dont buy twice, it costs more in the end. What ever you choose enjoy it.

#31 ·
check out www.blouchturbo.com
you could get a td05h 18g and have a faster spooling more autox oriented turbo or you could go with the td06h
td05 is 1000
td06 is 1100

+ 1 for deatshwerks. avoid PE and RC injectors the tuner i talked to said their latencies suck and have irregular flows and are just really hard to tune.

with an 18g + dp, fuelpump, injectors and a good tune you can make 340 awhp on pump gas. id say the deatshwerks 740cc injectors.

thatd be about 1500 and then say 400 for the tune and you will be set. that was the setup i was going to go with until my steeringbox went funky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.