Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L '04-07 STi and '06-07 WRX) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/)
-   -   What the hell! The STI is a 2.5!! (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f75/what-hell-sti-2-5-a-1080/)

Darkstar 01-06-2003 04:16 PM

What the hell! The STI is a 2.5!!

300 horsepower @ 6,000 rpm! 300 lb. Torque @ 4,000 rpm! And it has DCCD! All I can say is what the hell! I am dumfounded, I did not expect this. Darkstar drops to the floor.

;)

Gerlando 01-07-2003 12:33 AM

It is quite amazing isn't it. Subaru dropped a bomb on the Evo release, giving us everything the jdm market STi has and more. So who here is thinking of putting down a deposit?

hypnoticwrx 01-07-2003 12:55 AM

Here you go guys [url]http://impreza.subaru.com[/url] Thought about putting a deposit but don't really care too much for the redesigned front, but then again I kind of didn't like the front of my WRX when I was first looking at it. They grow on you. Other than that it is awesome. Thank you.

Ivan
[url]www.HypnoticPerformance.com[/url]

Darkstar 01-07-2003 04:50 PM

I would put money down right now if I had it. I’m going to start my STI fund, I will have enough buy one in the year 2006 maybe 2005.

mackal69 01-08-2003 06:59 PM

Well IU'm a little upset about it ### dammit, I would've held out a little longer for that baby if they didn't imply that they weren't going to bring the sti here to the states. But I guess I don't care too much, I'll be installing my new turbo soon, don't know if I'll be as fast as the sti, but I'll try. Funny though ### I was jealous of the evo for abt 3 days, until I just read abt the sti 300 hp lol, Subaru is too sly.

REXronald 01-11-2003 10:46 PM

Is way-cool!!!

I've been staring at the photo... it is growing on me... but i looked at the regular WRX for 2004,,, not liking the way they did the foglamps and hood at all... except for the scoop, it seems taller and more agressive. They should have put the roof scoop on the STi... Anyone know the actual function of that scoop on the WRC car? Ventalation or what? Anyways, I put the roof scoop on my '02 w/ground effects and it looks very radical... And that's all I can say for it... its a real sacrifice for the look (added road noise, PIA to install, adhesives and whatnot)... But overall happy with it because it really sets the car apart from others along w/the ground effects. Anyone want to estimate cost of the STi... I'm thinking (and preying) no more than 33,000-35,000... but bad feelings tell me more like 40,000...??? who knows? WRX was real affordable... so STi can't be too much more... Although, look at the engine,, forged high carbon pistons and whatnot... its got the a lot of the little things over the WRX that can't be easily upgraded... DCCD, etc...

Its a must have, soon as i stop blowing $$$ on my current WRX and can afford STi,,, gonna be a couple of years. by then, there should be an even more rediculous version on the market, if even possible.

mikeWRX 01-12-2003 12:45 PM

[QUOTE]Anyone know the actual function of that scoop on the WRC car? [/QUOTE]

It's for ventilation. The WRC cars don't have AC.

L2RTSiAWD 01-12-2003 12:55 PM

I'm excited about the 6-speed tranny. Plus the with 2.5 it should have that extra torque.

KZMY WRX 01-24-2003 04:06 PM

Will the 04 2.5 STI engine fit in the 02 WRX engine bay?

Or will the imported 01-02 STI engine fit in the 02 WRX?

STI is great but are there any cheaper ways to get the 300hp and 300ft/lbs, rather then trading or selling a WRX and then upping the $7-8k difference for the 04 STI?

mikeWRX 01-24-2003 04:42 PM

Yes, add an exhaust and engine management. the TurboXS stage 2 or the vishnu stage 0 (1?) should get you there for around $2K. It's not going to get you the STi handling or 6 speed transmission though.

REXronald 01-24-2003 06:36 PM

easily get the extra HP in your 02 WRX

You can easily add a few nice upgrades to get the 300hp. But don't think that because you've got 300hp, that you're driving something like the STI... The STI (from the literature i've read) is so much more than just a 300HP, 300ft/lb or torque WRX. It's like taking a WRX, and upgrading everything about it, not just engine power. So the STi will be well worth every penny. And no doubt will be the fastest, most powerful car one can buy from the manufacturer for the $$$. But if you don't have the $$$, or like me, just bought an 02 a year ago and already dropped over $3000 to upgrade it, then just put your $$ into upgrade items. I bought TurboXS exhaust, cold air intake, and irridium tip spark plugs and the increase in power is quite superb. and the car sounds bad@$$ too. I also bought ground effects and roof scoop, and the car turns plenty of heads. Its just about daily that someone wants to know what car this is, or how do i like the driving the WRX. I even had a cop pull me over for speeding and said "i let you off with a warning if you get out and let me peek under the hood" We proceeded to BS about the car for 10 minutes and he didn't even car that I had no front license plate (illegal in OH)... I want an STi badly, but I can't afford it and I am still very happy with my 02 WRX

nxGENricer 02-11-2003 04:53 PM

The STi looks awesome! I've been saving up for my 02' WRX since october, but ever seen i heard that the STi is coming across shores very soon i've decided to save up for the STi instead. I mean, damn.....300hp!

koki 02-28-2003 09:41 PM

i think that the 2.5 on sti is more room for more ponies+ torque

Sleeper 9 03-14-2003 07:43 PM

Wow....wow....wow....

Good lord....this car is everything that i was looking to do to a wrx...all of the interior is awesome; seats, aluminum trim, steering wheel, AWESOME IC waterspray...and it's obviously less risky, and less hassle than modding....but for less. Seeing as how the 280bhp japan version from last year allegedly tested at around 350bhp...i wonder if this 300 is really 300...or more around 350...360...370???

chilo6 03-29-2003 09:14 PM

oh man, ive been lookin into the mazda 6 and the s2000 along with the wrx..... and i was just sold to one :) i ordered a brochure for the 2004 sti..... i think not only does it look bad ass but it will live up to its name. Any one know ### the msrp will be on this thing? Im so tempted to go give a deposit right now :) but i think i should do somemore research first