Subaru WRX Forum banner

What do you guys think??

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  VD5505 
#1 ·
Well most of you guys may know that i built a 2.5 STI short block with my 2.0 heads, using a EVOIII 16g, now i was just seeing what you guys would of used for a turbo, i had this turbo on my 2.0 and wanted to save a little money and keep it but it really doesnt seem big enough and im kinda wanting to keep my cost down, i was thinking a FP18g turbo??? i only have 1,900 miles on my 16g i would sell it i guess.

#10 ·
yeah i know lol that dang tranny has been doing a good job lol, well i have done alot of thinking and i came up with my new plan, after i get done with boot camp by chicago and get settled in cali by San Diego im just going to put my car in the garage up on jack stand and do a complete build up of everything, from front to back all suspension the rear end and tranny i mean everything, and im going to put a GT35r kit on it and make it a really fun driver, i will send my heads out and get my new block re sleeved since the 2.5 blocks are kinda known to crack with the stock sleeves, so now im saving for that i will keep you guys posted on my build up. Im going to start buying some stuff really soon for it

#11 ·
sounds like a good way to spend the enlistement bonus!Thumbs Up
Really though, 20g on 2.5 ltr will net you full torque later in the power band. So if you will not launch agressively the transmission will hold up. Plus you can have the car tuned for power and late torque. After that, spend the money on a 6 speed, retune and enjoy.
I like dreaming too, but realistically there is no need to spend 10,000 dollars on the car to have fun with it. Whatever's left after 6 speed invest in something instead. Just my opinion...

#12 ·
well i really want to keep a 5 speed, im going to put PPG gears in it, im not going to spend my bonus on this car either my bonus is going towards a house, i have money saved up and i will put money into it as i go, im going to start at the rear of the car and move forward, how i look at it i will end up driving this car into the ground, there i no way i am going to sell it now lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.