Wastegate Arm Adjustment - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Phatnucca is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Phatnucca
Wastegate Arm Adjustment

Ok, I was on another WRX forum and alot of ppl were talking about doing the wastegate arm adjustment. They said to take off the C-Clip and losen the 10mm nut and tighten the arm 1-2 turns. Seems to solve wastegate flutter when using a catless DP and 3" exhaust and you might get a few more PSI. My 07 is running an Invidia Catless DP and Invidia street exhaust right now. I have the factory boost gauge and it only seems to read like .6-.7 Bar. Thats only like 9-10psi when I thought stock was supposed to be 13.5. Anyway, I read that tightening the arm 1-2 turns will raise boost a few psi and hold it longer.

Alot of ppl were saying running catless DP causes the WG to open too soon and boost to fall off and/or be lower than it should. So I thik I will try this mod.... any other opnions?

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-12-2008, 01:28 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Get or drill out the restrictor pill also helps with that. They discuss this in the Cobb forums if you want to search on there.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#3 Old 09-07-2008, 12:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

jrswrx69 is on thin ice
Send a message via Yahoo to jrswrx69
i did the wastegate adjustment you turn the the peice 2 turn back to the turbo im also running catless it did help i had adjusted mine while i had my dp off it closes the waste gate lil more and my boost did stay normal but i have a aftermarket manual boost controller to im around 16-17 psi before fuel cut
#4 Old 09-08-2008, 11:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrxshotta is on thin ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatnucca View Post
Ok, I was on another WRX forum and alot of ppl were talking about doing the wastegate arm adjustment. They said to take off the C-Clip and losen the 10mm nut and tighten the arm 1-2 turns. Seems to solve wastegate flutter when using a catless DP and 3" exhaust and you might get a few more PSI. My 07 is running an Invidia Catless DP and Invidia street exhaust right now. I have the factory boost gauge and it only seems to read like .6-.7 Bar. Thats only like 9-10psi when I thought stock was supposed to be 13.5. Anyway, I read that tightening the arm 1-2 turns will raise boost a few psi and hold it longer.

Alot of ppl were saying running catless DP causes the WG to open too soon and boost to fall off and/or be lower than it should. So I thik I will try this mod.... any other opnions?

-Joe
your running correct boost, 13.5 is for the 2.0 wrx's

Last edited by wrxshotta; 09-08-2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: spelling