Wagon to Sedan Conversion - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-11-2008, 07:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Question Wagon to Sedan Conversion

I have started looking into the parts and work required for said conversion. Its not for me, but for my friend who has an 07 WRX wagon, but wants the sedan look wider fenders basically). I have told him about the difference in width with axles and all. We know we need the fenders, bumpers, probably tail lights. Just wonderingif anyone knows of this being done, maybe help us out with it best you can. I love this site and he help and information it provides. Im trying to convince him to do this, but Im stuck with researching it for him right now. Thanks for all the help everyone

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-11-2008, 11:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
I have seen a few similar surgeries in Audi world. The RS4 wagons have the wider fenders front and rear, but they are not sold in the US. We got an S4 wagon but it was standard width. People bought OEM RS4 fenders, bumpers, and rear door skins. There was some cutting and welding on the rear to attach the new fenders, behind the door, door skins have to be removed and RS4 skins tacked on, but the front bolted right up. I'll see if I can link you to one of the build ups. I know its not a subie, but a very similar project. Audi conversion didnt require axle swaps though. He might just want to go with wider rim/tire combo to fill the gap if front suspension and steering permits. This sounds interesting. Let me find you a link.

EDIT:
I found the links to the Audi build. Check out how/where they cut the rear panel right below the rear window. I know is an Audi, but maybe this will give you an idea on the rear section.

Project DIY RS4 (B5): Rear Body Panels

Project DIY RS4 (B5): Hood, Doors & More

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie

Last edited by stagger_lee; 04-12-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added a link for OP
#3 Old 04-12-2008, 11:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
If you have a Nasioc membership go there and ask my friend badwagon all what is needed. He has done it a couple of times. Just tell him sasquatch sent you and he will help you out.
#4 Old 04-12-2008, 05:56 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Stagger-lee thanks for that man. It will give us the basic idea. We are looking to actually tackle this together.

Suddenthomas, I actually joined NASIOC before here, but didnt like the atmosphere. I will look him up though. Might need to start a new account as I cant remember my old name, lol.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#5 Old 05-27-2008, 07:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^^^^

crafty.... ill give him that. probably last a full 4 minutes longer then if he had made a fresh thread.