vf34 - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 AM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWRX06 View Post
another thing is how u saying i wont run with the sti's if i get there turbo and have an em and maybe a front mount?
Because STi's have more than just a bigger turbo.DCCD,6 speed,I.C. sprayer... those can make a difference in the 1/4.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 04-26-2007, 11:58 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
basically i and going run my car in the 1/4 mi, and run some races with some sti's, but i want something to hang with sti's but maybe a lil quicker then them. so i guess i ll stick with the 39 i want something to get me the boost pretty quick, i dont want a 18g or whatever cause i dont feel like buying a new trans and rear right now. I just want something i can play with safely. lol thanks
Dude your tranny is going to go KABOOM. Yes you may beat 1 or 2 sti's, but the issue is that the sti will be able to drive away from the race, you on the other hand may need to call a toe truck. Your palying with fire. I will say it again the WRX was not made to be a RACE car. Good luck though

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#18 Old 04-26-2007, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
how do you figure its going to go kaboom? if i dont beat on it, sorry i m not into autoX and rally offroading
#19 Old 04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

raziel21 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to raziel21
I know of a few WRX's running on stock tranny with 18g and 20g turbo and they are fine no problems so far for about a year now
#20 Old 04-26-2007, 03:03 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel21 View Post
I know of a few WRX's running on stock tranny with 18g and 20g turbo and they are fine no problems so far for about a year now
if you baby it, sure. One bad shift at those power levels...

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#21 Old 04-26-2007, 03:30 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
how do you figure its going to go kaboom?
Because The 5MT was not designed for hard launching....hello?It was designed for rallycross competition not drag racing.

Quote:
if i dont beat on it, sorry i m not into autoX and rally offroading
You want to drag race STi's in the 1/4 mile...but ya don't want to beat on it. Sell the car and buy a Camaro or a Mustang if you just want to have a dependable car you can run at the strip.Part of what really kills the Subaru tranny is not that its weak,its driving 4 wheels.It sees 3X the stress most FWD or RWD trannies see.

#22 Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 PM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Exactly..You can have a 800hp Dominator day driver on the stock tranny last forever if you drive it like your Grandma.Part of it also is knowing how to launch an AWD car.I have seen a couple of tutorials floating around.One was by Ali Ashfar.

#23 Old 04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
you guys must think i m going to take it to the track all the time, no it would be once in a blue moon. whats a good turbo to run on the stock tranny. that has the least possibilities of it breaking? how bout that!!
#24 Old 04-26-2007, 05:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

raziel21 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to raziel21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Hey it not my car i just know a few people with that setup and have yet to have problems lol
#25 Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
you guys must think i m going to take it to the track all the time, no it would be once in a blue moon. whats a good turbo to run on the stock tranny. that has the least possibilities of it breaking? how bout that!!
Stock stock stock!

What's the quickest spooling turbo out there for a WRX?

Stock

Whats the safest turbo out there for my tranny?

Stock

What turbo's gunna put be faster than a stock STi/Evo for the least money?

Stock

Downpipe + protune man, it's all you need to make about as much power as the WRX SHOULD make. For those who hunger for more, it gets pricey real quick. In general, the further you take a car from stock, the more things will break and the more expensive each extra HP will cost you.

#26 Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 PM

Garage
... and we're going to have to get used to explaining that particular post to lots of future 08 WRX owners with the plethora of plastic pipes in that thing and the different turbo mount.

#27 Old 04-26-2007, 07:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Because STi's have more than just a bigger turbo.DCCD,6 speed,I.C. sprayer... those can make a difference in the 1/4.
Figured he should already know that. Kinda why I didn't go into detail. Dumdum you would be a could source to ask because I can't seem to find it. Do Sti's have different heads as well? Just curious for my own knowledge.
#28 Old 04-26-2007, 10:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
what if i put a front mount or a top mount and got a tune would it give me any power or no. I m not going to put a bigger turbo on my car until i have the money for a trans. thanks for the help
#29 Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddenthomas View Post
Do Sti's have different heads as well? Just curious for my own knowledge.
The 04-06 STi's have different heads than the 02-05 2.0L WRX but not the 06 2.5L WRX.The 07 Sti has different heads than the 07 WRX.

#30 Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 AM
WRXpert

Quote:
what if i put a front mount or a top mount and got a tune would it give me any power or no. I m not going to put a bigger turbo on my car until i have the money for a trans. thanks for the help
It would as the 06+ WRX's have smaller TMIC than the 02-05 WRX's but it would be a waste to tune it without doing anything else.I would slap on the VF39 and get a good conservitive tune and you'll be happy.You won't need to buy injectors and the 06+ WRX's use the STI fuel pump.A FMIC is alittle over board.Buy a turbo blanket to cut down some of the underhood heat and tune for fast spool using a 3 port BCS solenoid.