vf34 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
vf34

Alright the vf34 is the sti turbo right? also, what turbo is in the stis's that are from japan. I wanna get a bigger turbo but i dont wanna upgrade my trans so i figure the sti turbo has a possibility to break my trans but not like it would if i got an 18g. So what would be a decent turbo to upgrade to without upgrading my trans? thanks John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-24-2007, 01:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
you could do a 34 easily or even a TD06, but you need to consider what the goals for your car are, for instance, I want to AutoX, that is my main purpose for the vehicle, so therefore, the td04 works fine, it spools fast and I am getting 19psi max for boost, but if you want top end, then go for the td06, or vf34, or 39. Or if you have a lot of money and like to fly at a low altitude, spring for the mitsubishi 60g, that will getcher motor runnin.

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
#3 Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

raziel21 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to raziel21
VF39 is the STI turbo or the VF43 is the 07 i think not sure
You will need the injectors and fuel pump if you get the bigger injector go for the 866cc so you never have to worry about them again
#4 Old 04-24-2007, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
basically i and going run my car in the 1/4 mi, and run some races with some sti's, but i want something to hang with sti's but maybe a lil quicker then them. so i guess i ll stick with the 39 i want something to get me the boost pretty quick, i dont want a 18g or whatever cause i dont feel like buying a new trans and rear right now. I just want something i can play with safely. lol thanks
#5 Old 04-24-2007, 03:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

BithellWgn06 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel21 View Post
VF39 is the STI turbo or the VF43 is the 07 i think not sure
You will need the injectors and fuel pump if you get the bigger injector go for the 866cc so you never have to worry about them again
06 and newer don`t NEED injectors on a vf39 or 34. You could put a new pump, but your injectors are fine for now!

BJJ for the win!
#6 Old 04-24-2007, 09:10 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWRX06 View Post
basically i and going run my car in the 1/4 mi, and run some races with some sti's, but i want something to hang with sti's but maybe a lil quicker then them. so i guess i ll stick with the 39 i want something to get me the boost pretty quick, i dont want a 18g or whatever cause i dont feel like buying a new trans and rear right now. I just want something i can play with safely. lol thanks
Running the 1/4 on a WRX tranny isnt the greatest of ideas. Dropping clutches, hard shifts down the strip. Something will give, especially if you upgrade to a bigger turbo. And especially if your trying to make or prove a point to a car that has the better tranny in it.
#7 Old 04-24-2007, 10:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:

Your not going to run with them if you up grade to their stock turbo. I know you say no 18g but you really shouldn't have a huge problem with one, or even a vf22. They aren't to huge and with you having a 2.5 already you will still boost pretty quick. And as far as the tranny goes drive like an a@@ and it is glass, drive it right and it is tight.
#8 Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
if anything, i will get a trans after it breaks but i dont hard shift so i dont think it will break, also for a vf22 do i need a new trans or can i run with the stock, another thing is how u saying i wont run with the sti's if i get there turbo and have an em and maybe a front mount?
#9 Old 04-25-2007, 09:09 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx0287 is an unknown
even at a stage 2 you can break your trans so instead of buying more then one turbo get a 18g have them tune it aroun 290whp and dont beat on it everyday. then start saving for the trans upgrade an after you upgrae your trans get a new tune to max out the turbo an injectors, but make sure you upgraed your tmic first. if you did you get an sti turbo you will be faster then a sti and can still blow your trans just as quick
#10 Old 04-25-2007, 09:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

JBWRX06 is an unknown
got it
#11 Old 04-25-2007, 11:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful VD5505 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to VD5505 Send a message via MSN to VD5505
I have a 03 wrx with 17,450 miles on it and i was looking at puting a STI turbo and injectors and a pump in it. Would i be alright to tune that with the new COBB AccesPort? and if so how hard is it to tune that your self? thanks alot
#12 Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

raziel21 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to raziel21
Quote:
Originally Posted by VD5505 View Post
I have a 03 wrx with 17,450 miles on it and i was looking at puting a STI turbo and injectors and a pump in it. Would i be alright to tune that with the new COBB AccesPort? and if so how hard is it to tune that your self? thanks alot
Cobb has a map for that setup already get all installed and flash with the right map and you should be set
#13 Old 04-25-2007, 01:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

RodimusPrime is an unknown
If you place that Vf34 in your WRX, I understand you don't have to replace the injectors or tranny, but what about the TMIC? Or is the stock 06 WRX TMIC good enuff for Vf34 turbo? Thanks!
#14 Old 04-25-2007, 04:37 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
if you replace the turbo on an 02-05, you should:
-replace uppipe
-have a bellmouth downpipe
-replace the intercooler
-replace the fuel pump
-replace the injectors
-get it tuned

If you replace the turbo on an 06-07 you should:
-have a bellmouth downpipe
-replace the intercooler
-replace the fuel pump
-replace the injectors (unless you get a small turbo like a VF39 or VF43)
-get it tuned

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#15 Old 04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:
if anything, i will get a trans after it breaks but i dont hard shift so i dont think it will break, also for a vf22 do i need a new trans or can i run with the stock, another thing is how u saying i wont run with the sti's if i get there turbo and have an em and maybe a front mount?
All I was stating is that now your at stock power levels for an Sti. Maybe a little higher but it won't take much for an Sti to beat you. I am however impressed by some of the numbers you 06's make with the vf39. I was just looking on Nasioc on proven power bragging very nice!