VF22 on 06's stock internals? - Page 5 - Subaru WRX Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#61 Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

BoostinChick is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Didn't post it for the numbers really. The fact that they hit 11.6 is what really got me. Sounds like a neck snapping rocket I also didn't think Dynojets were high reading dynos?

Either way I hope I will be happy with my butt dyno coming from the TD04.

- Sandra
2007 WRX TR | Stage 2 | PAR Gearset (Built by AndrewTech)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 10-16-2013, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostinChick View Post
Didn't post it for the numbers really. The fact that they hit 11.6 is what really got me. Sounds like a neck snapping rocket I also didn't think Dynojets were high reading dynos?

Either way I hope I will be happy with my butt dyno coming from the TD04.
Honestly I hit high 12's with a stock TD04, so 11.6 out of a bigger turbo and motor isn't to impressive...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#63 Old 10-16-2013, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
But, its a effing VF52!!! LOL, just messing around.

Dynojets are right behind Dynapaks for being high reading.

Sandy: you'll need the trans to stay fixed for a VF48. My old 06 TR had a VF48 installed (after I sold it) with a bigger TMIC and made roughly 320/320ish...on CBRD's mustang dyno. Long story short...the kid hot rodded the hell out of the thing after getting it upgraded and was calling CBRD up less than 6 weeks later asking for a trans build.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#64 Old 10-17-2013, 08:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I guess it depends how they have em calibrated I suppose. I have been corrected in the past for Mustangs and Dynojets...

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#65 Old 11-11-2013, 04:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

my0six is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boo-key bear View Post
uh oh! :eek:
Uh oh indeed...

Didn't fit and the guy I bought it from, the one that promised it would, won't help, he says "try to sell it"

Okay, so I installef the vf22 today, I have a very conservative basemap which is our starting point to log from and tune on, but I must say, I'm very concerned about the lag...

Should I expect it to spool up quicker once tuned more?

Am already considering a change
#66 Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

my0six is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
I personally run a TDO6, but my rev range is a lot higher than yours will be. I'd stick with a TDO5 20g. Blouch sells one as do several other companies. I don't in endorse one company over another as I kind of cheat when it comes to turbos...

p.s. I wish I lived in Australia for the record. Much better cars there.
What's the spool like on one of these bad boys? I miss my td04 already, as I'm zipping to work and back mostly...
Like the punchy response of the smaller turbo, but was hoping for more power, hence the vf22
#67 Old 11-11-2013, 11:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Buy a VF48 or 16/18G

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#68 Old 11-11-2013, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
VF22=P20 exhaust housing=laaaaaag

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#69 Old 11-11-2013, 03:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by my0six View Post
What's the spool like on one of these bad boys? I miss my td04 already, as I'm zipping to work and back mostly...
Like the punchy response of the smaller turbo, but was hoping for more power, hence the vf22
Well I run a completely different setup than pretty much anyone on here. So my spool is pretty much as bad as a VF22 on a 2L. 3700 or so is where boost really comes on hard, 4000 hits max boost, then pulls like a raped ape til 7400ish when it runs out of breath. If I really had the right setup, cams, ported heads, GT35r turbo I could make power all the way to 9000.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...