Subaru WRX Forum banner

vf 43

9K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  mosc 
#1 ·
Has anyone here done an 06 wrx turbo swap with the stock 07 sti's vf43 yet????
wondering on the outcome and if its a direct replacement like the vf39 is. Fitment issues, etc.

#10 ·
I just put a VF43 on my car and pulled 281 awhp 311 wtq on a mustang dyno.

Installed so far:

k&n drop in
sti tmic
VF-43
helix catted dp
3 inch massiv road series exhaust
grimmspeed up
Cobb V1 AP with a Protune on 91 cali gas

This is all on an 06 wrx wagon.

stock injectors and fuel pump.

#11 ·
I just put a VF43 on my car and pulled 281 awhp 311 wtq on a mustang dyno.

Installed so far:

k&n drop in
sti tmic
VF-43
helix catted dp
3 inch massiv road series exhaust
grimmspeed up
Cobb V1 AP with a Protune on 91 cali gas

This is all on an 06 wrx wagon.

that is sick. i just bought a new vf 43 and cant wait to get it on the dyno. did you do a real agressive tune like max out the turbo or anything im hoping to get numbers like those but i dont wanna over do it. how is the car runnin??

#17 ·
STI short block is semi-closed (can withstand more boost), forged internals. Heads are bigger diameter intake ports and slightly more agressive camshafts. Essentially it is more fiendly to upgrades and will make more power at higher rpm's and modification levels than 2.5 wrx motor. And you mentioned AVCS on the intake cam making the off boost to on boost transition more street friendly.
In my opinion both motor should make about the same power untill a 18g sized turbocharger, after that the wrx motor will hit air supply bottle neck; and STI motor will be longer lasting with the same quality tune than wrx motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.