Subaru WRX Forum banner

vacuum at idle

62K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
at idle what vacuum are you guys pullin ?

im at 20 in does that seem right ?

all stock other then my autometer guage lol

thanks
dr

#6 ·
From here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum

Vacuum is measured in units of pressure. The SI unit of pressure is the Pascal (unit) (abbreviation Pa), but vacuum is usually measured in Torrs for Torricelli an early Italian physicist (1608 - 1647). A Torr is equal to the displacement of a millimeter of mercury (mmHg) in a manometer with 1 torr equaling 133.3223684 Pascals above absolute zero pressure. Vacuum is often also measured using inches of mercury on the barometric scale or as a percentage of atmospheric pressure in bars or atmospheres. Low vacuum is often measured in inches of mercury (inHg), millimeters of mercury (mmHg) or kiloPascals (kPa) below atmospheric pressure. "Below atmospheric" means that the absolute pressure is equal to the current atmospheric pressure in inches of mercury (e.i. 29.92 inHg) minus the vacuum pressure in inches of mercury. Thus a vacuum of 26 inHg is equivalent to an absolute pressure of 4 inHg (29.92 inHg - 26 inHg).

#20 ·
I am at around 9 psi of vacuum, I actually read off Kpa. I'm between 56-65 (having a moment of dyslexia) any way, its around 9 pounds.
I DONT have a pill
My lines are not the right mm they are all 4mm.

I'm almost positive the lines and pill are the reason, If I could have a seniors input on this, that would be great.
If I am right, I'll just shoot over to the auto parts store and see if I can correct it for ten bucks or so.

P.S. I'm hitting stock boost now with my vf30 and supporting mods. seems like it should at least be around 18 or so????

#21 ·
You NEED a friggin tune Randy. :beatentod Stock BCS or that MBC still ?

Wouldn't hurt to have the correct inside diameter lines IMHO. ~20-25 in-hg vac is about where you should be warmed up at normal Oper Temp

#22 ·
Put the correct lines back on. I will report back tomorrow on my findings.
To publicly answer you Paul, since I already did via the tellie. HKS EVC5 POS(temporarily, using my GS for another project);)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.