Turbo upgrade on stock intercooler? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

s7eVven is an unknown
Turbo upgrade on stock intercooler?

I'd really like to upgrade to a faster spooling turbo, but i do not want to fork out the money for a front mounted intercooler. I know i might have to upgrade fuel injectors or fuel pump. I was just wondering what is the best turbo I would be able to upgrade to on a stock intercooler or even a sti stock intercooler. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

midniteblack is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to midniteblack
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7eVven View Post
I'd really like to upgrade to a faster spooling turbo, but i do not want to fork out the money for a front mounted intercooler. I know i might have to upgrade fuel injectors or fuel pump. I was just wondering what is the best turbo I would be able to upgrade to on a stock intercooler or even a sti stock intercooler. Any ideas?
a front mounted intercooler is not needed for the type of turbo you are looking for. i wouldnt recommend upgrading on the stock intercooler but an sti top mount would work and can be found for around $300 usually. They are not the biggest top mounts but are more efficient than your wrx. you're not really going to find a turbo that spools faster than your stock turbo, but you can make it spool faster if thats what you really want? i assume you want a turbo that can make more power too though, right? for fast spooling turbos that make more power than stock i would recommend the sti vf39/vf43, 16g or 18g even. here's a link that describes a little bit about the different types of turbos. Subaru Turbo List - NASIOC
post #3 of 3 Old 08-30-2009, 10:53 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I run a TMIC with my setup on my TDO6-20G and make 330 HP, you dont need or even want a FMIC if you are trying to keep lag to a minimum.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement