turbo timer - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-16-2007, 11:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

rss3781 is an unknown
turbo timer

Do we need turbo timers for a turbo that runs on coolant? What are the facts of a turbo timer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
According to all of my research, the turbo timer is a waste of hard earned $$$. The WRX has oil pressure that is high enough to cool the turbo sufficiently. Of coarse, there are acceptions to every rule. If you are running stock, then you should be safe, but if you are doing hot laps at the drag strip and doing several consecutive runs and then immediately shutting your engine off, you might be in trouble. On the whole, you should be safe with a stock setup and if you are nervous about it, drive hard and then take a spin around the block taking it pretty easy before you shut the engine off.
#3 Old 11-16-2007, 02:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by awd4life View Post
According to all of my research, the turbo timer is a waste of hard earned $$$. The WRX has oil pressure that is high enough to cool the turbo sufficiently. Of coarse, there are acceptions to every rule. If you are running stock, then you should be safe, but if you are doing hot laps at the drag strip and doing several consecutive runs and then immediately shutting your engine off, you might be in trouble. On the whole, you should be safe with a stock setup and if you are nervous about it, drive hard and then take a spin around the block taking it pretty easy before you shut the engine off.
DIDO..!! i bought a turbo tiemr and hooked it up just to relize a few weeks later that our turbos are water cooled like an idiot... but i still works good for reading boost..althogh in KPA damn JDM. greddy trubo timer basiclly if the car needed a turbo timer the car would have came with it.
#4 Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
^^^ Good call, I heard that there are like groups of people that actually get paid lots of money to figure out how things work together and what will make things work better and last... They didnt see it necessary to put a timer on the car in the first place.