Subaru WRX Forum banner

turbo timer

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  awd4life 
#1 ·
Do we need turbo timers for a turbo that runs on coolant? What are the facts of a turbo timer?

#2 ·
According to all of my research, the turbo timer is a waste of hard earned $$$. The WRX has oil pressure that is high enough to cool the turbo sufficiently. Of coarse, there are acceptions to every rule. If you are running stock, then you should be safe, but if you are doing hot laps at the drag strip and doing several consecutive runs and then immediately shutting your engine off, you might be in trouble. On the whole, you should be safe with a stock setup and if you are nervous about it, drive hard and then take a spin around the block taking it pretty easy before you shut the engine off.

#3 ·
DIDO..!! i bought a turbo tiemr and hooked it up just to relize a few weeks later that our turbos are water cooled like an idiot... but i still works good for reading boost..althogh in KPA damn JDM. greddy trubo timer basiclly if the car needed a turbo timer the car would have came with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.