turbo oil lines - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-22-2008, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

newdude is an unknown
turbo oil lines

I just got back from Iraq, and I'm looking at purchasing a 2003 WRX that has a leaking oil line that the previous owner can not seem to locate... He's replaced all of the lines, because one cracked, but can't seem to find the other leak. In terms of feasibility, is this a big problem to fix/deal with compared to other cars? I basically mean are there any special Subaru problems that will present themselves? Thank you kindly for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

newdude is an unknown
i see that i posted this in the wrong forum, whoops, i didn't notice two bolt-on forums.
#3 Old 11-22-2008, 05:40 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just realize its an AWD car and drive sensibly. Some say the trannies are "bad", but with proper driving and maintainence the car will be a great car to have.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Now the question is. Is it a turbo oil line or a oil line that's not related to the turbo. Whats the difference? You might ask, the difference being that if its the turbo oil line and the turbo isn't getting enough oil. Then the turbo is under oil starvation and could be possibly damaged or already fried.
#5 Old 11-23-2008, 07:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

newdude is an unknown
well, I talked with the guy about it, because oil starvation was a big concern of course. He said that he replaced the turbo, all of the oil lines relating to the turbo, but he's got a leak somewhere and he can't seem to find it. I'm planning on checking it out for myself if I can get ahold of the guy and we can be in the same place at the same time, but it's turning out to be a pain in the ass. I've always wanted a WRX though, they seem like real awesome cars. So are these turbo oil lines a lot of trouble to deal with?
#6 Old 11-24-2008, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
There should only two lines to the actual turbo. A supply and a return line. Now, have I messed around with my turbo oil lines? Nope...haven't had a need to. Don't know if any one else on here has. Hopefully, if they do. Then they'll post something for you.