Subaru WRX Forum banner

Which Turbo Inlet Hose

14K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Boostbuddy 
#1 ·
Hey people,

Got a question... Which one would/did you go with ? $350 is steep as he\\ .
Would a Samco be the way or a Perrin ? I do know it isn't a necessity right now, but every little bit helps. Easy to do myself ? Any fitment issues when you did this yourself ? Thanks as always.

#4 ·
I would have thought so too, but from a dyno test in an older issue of SubieSport shows a not huge, but noticeable gain. I'll see if I can find it and scan it in.

Whatever you decide, don't get the APS. Although having a hard inlet hose is great, it's a F***ing nightmare to install. And I'm being nice when I say f***ing nightmare.

#6 ·
I have the perrin one and it fit perfect. It wasn't too bad to put it in, but I ended up just breaking my stock one to get it out, I mean F-it you wont use it again. I think i can do it faster taking the manifold off though. its a little more work but it make the install of the inlet tube hella easy.

#11 ·
This sort of depends on which inlet kit your talking about. Perrin used to make a 3" inlet which was a lot of modification when compared to the 2 1/4 " of your stock sizing. They have since discontinued the 3" line so if thats what you were looking for then your out of luck there.

#13 ·
... this needs to be shared. APS Inlet Hose has been a nightmare to begin with. Not only was it horrible to install, it barely fits. Yes, we did get it to fit. Unfortunately, it rubs against one of the coolant lines. Well, after hitting a large enough pot hole, it whacked against it and leaked coolant over one of my pulleys which rusted and now squeaks (which is how I found out about the leak). Now I have a stupid leak to fix and maybe an inlet hose to replace.

On top of that, it also rubs against my intake manifold. Remember our intake manifold is metal. I suspect in a few months or so, I should also have to worry about a hole in the inlet hose. Before I ditch it completely, I will seek professional advice from my mechanic friend.

#15 ·
APS all the way.PITA to install,yes but the fact it comes with a MAF hose and a 3" coupling as well for upgraded turbos is nice.The Perrin is barely almost smaller than stock at the point right behind where the recirculation tube comes in.Plus they have colapsed on higher powered cars.There is a pretty good amount of info on installing the APS (or any hard inlet) on NASIOC.The trick is to disconect the top power steering line and rotate the pipe-turbo inlet coupling untill it seats right.

#18 ·
But do you guarantee them ? I am open to suggestions.

DUMDUM, high powered as in what ? If I can get a Perrin or Boostbuddy one.... Should be good up to an 18G or 20G, right ? It still has the 3 inch inlet ? If I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong) the 18 and 20G will still have the 3 inch?

And Boostbuddy's can be installed without taking the manifold and all that $hit off ?

#19 ·
The BPM Inlet has been tested and proven to not collapse with 20G (19psi) and the stock mounted GT30 Turbos (23psi).

All BPM products are warrantied no questions asked for one year.

You don't 'have' to take off the intake manifold to install the BPM inlet but it does make life a lot easier.

-Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.