Subaru WRX Forum banner

which turbo

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  malinolatino 
#1 ·
soo im im going to upgrade my turbo. But i dont know which one to get im stuck between these two. APS SS45 Turbocharger and the FP 20g the new one they got the hta style. Which turbo has a better life to it, better quality and all around better turbo? thnks guys

#6 ·
IMHO, for a 2.5L/EJ255 that is a DD and running a 5-speed tranny I would pick either a TD05H-18 8cm or TD05H-20G 8cm. At this point I think the HTA68 (I think that was what the OP was referrring to) is still unproven and IMHO is a better turbo for the 2.0L/EJ205.

The HTA68 uses a TD05 compressor housing and a 7cm exhaust housing, these are really limiting this turbos potential. While a good 18G or 20G uses a true TD06 compressor housing and you can get it with an 8cm exhaust side, this in turn has excellent flow on a 2.5L with very little possiblility of boost creep.

Personally, I run a Blouch TD05H-18G 8cm on my built hybrid (EJ257/2.5L) and for me it is the perfect turbo for DD/autoX, as it has an excellent/very useable powerband.

#7 ·
Hey whats up well im in the same boat man, i would like to try out that new hta green, but then again people keep telling me to go with the aps. well im just looking to get 350-400whp for daily driver dont care too much for lot of power since there would be lag and all plus i dont really race just like to get some good power kick at times, but more than likely ima just go with the hta green. K.I.T so we can see what it does for us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.