Subaru WRX Forum banner

Trying to install a Greddy Turbo Timer

17K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Kjott21 
#1 ·
Hey guys I got a new 06 WRX TR I have been moding. I bought my buddies Greddy Turbo Timer and and I want to install it. I can have it installed for $112 but I want to do it myself. I don't have the instructions for the Timer and I cannot find anything on how to install it in my car with the keyless entry/factory alarm. I would appreciate any help you guys could give me.

#2 ·
Its a royal pain in the ass to do it yourself. Unless you are comfortable finding the wires, and soldering the connections, id leave it up to the pros....BUT....if you go to Greddy.com and click on the heading titled "technical"....you can download the instructions in PDF format.

I have the greddy as well, but after looking at what it takes to install it and not having any shops around here that I trust to do it, I am gonna sell it and get the HKS as HKS makes a veh spec harness to make it PnP.

#8 ·
hello,i have a 2005 subaru wrx, not sti, i have a hks turbo timer with loose wires, no connector, how can i install it,i looked at website and instructions are confusing, should i try to get a connector from them and a harness and if possible to get is it just plug and play, or do i still have to run speed sensor wire and ecu wire and go thru fire wall etc as instructions on website for hks suggest. obviously i am a little confused but this can't be that hard. or can i just splice it in to wires somewhere under steering column?and what does ECU stand for,electronic control unit? and where is it located?

#10 · (Edited)
A turbo timer on a WRX is pointless UNLESS you have installed a turbo that is oil cooled only. A June 2001 TechTIPS published by Subaru for Subaru Technicians states:
"2002MY WRX TURBO COOL DOWN PROCEDURE
FHI's position regarding this is that it is not necessary to perform a "cool down/idling" procedure, as was recommended with past turbo models. Our current 2.0L turbo engine has a far greater cooling capacity and, coupled with technology advances, makes this practice no longer necessary. This explains why information about cool down is not included in the 2002MY Impreza Owner's Manual."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.