Tips for downpipe - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 10-06-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

drizzy is an unknown
Tips for downpipe

Whats up guys

So basically I need a new down pipe on my 06 wrx because the knuckle heads who put on a cat before i bought the car mest it up. The car came with an megnaflow 3inch straight pipe exhaust and they ended up putting a 2 1/2 inch or something like that, cat on by cutting the down pipe. Anyways so basically I need a new down pipe and ive done alot of research and reviews but I just thought I would still ask since I still cant decide which one to go for. I was looking on ebay and I found

02-07 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI TURBO EXHAUST BELLMOUNT DOWNPIPE DOWN PIPE 03 04 05 | eBay

and it seems like its good but the research ive done says that this can get like a film or something on it. Now the other one I was thinking was an Invidia V2 and yea I know they are good but is it gonna make my car like super loud or is it gonna be a good loud because I just want a good loud.

Invidia V2 Downpipe Bellmouth Subaru WRX / STI 2002-2007 / Forester XT 2004-2008 at RallySportDirect.com

Again Ive done my research but I thought I would just ask to help me decide. Thanks guys for your help and have a good rest of the day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-06-2011, 07:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
I honestly would go with the invidia. I know its more money but its also better quality. That's the exact dp i will be buying next. Now i currently have an ebay turboback on my car and i was really lucky because it actually fit really well and went on in about an hour. But not all of them will fit the same way. The invidia will almost all fit really well. Just better build quality. They will honestly probably not sound that different. If you want a "good loud" you really have to pay and get the Cobb catted dp...assuming you are keeping the straight pipe setup. If not just find an axleback that you like the sound of. Youtube is your friend. . Good luck!

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-06-2011, 08:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
^^ Invidia Dp and an Surewin Ebay cat back for me as well. Hasn't failed me yet. I've heard that the Ebay DPs work well, and they are just a piece of metal tubing, but I got a really good deal on my Invidia way back in 2004...lol It still hasn't rusted

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2011, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Yeah i have the surewin turboback. Thats where i ordered it from. Good price!

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Roman777 is an unknown
GrimmSpeed Has super quality and performance!