Subaru WRX Forum banner

TD05 EvoIII 16g vs. stock TD04

12K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
so i have an 07 tr. From what i can tell it has the stock td04 on it still. I just got in my td05 evoIII 16g turbo. Will I see a difference over the stock td04? best pass thus far on the stock turbo on pump gas was 12.7@ 106mph. Is the 16g way better then teh td04?

#3 ·
thnx for the compliment on the time. Never got dynoed with the stock turbo... but ppl say it was a freak for the mods i had. But, the stock turbo took a crap on me, so i bought the evoIII 16g. Just hope i'll notice a difference on this turbo over the td04 one.

#4 ·
Yes the EVO 3 16G has WAY more potential than the TD04. The EVO 3 flows about 575cfm vs. the TD04's 360cfm (I think).

To take full advantage of the EVO 3 you will need a larger TMIC (i.e. used Spearco, APS, Perrin), larger injectors (i.e. Deatschwerks 650cc or larger), Walbro 255, and a good custom tune.

Some people will say to get a used STi TMIC, but IMHO that is a waste as a used Spearco/APS/Perrin is a MUCH better piece and will out perform the STi TMIC easily.

#8 ·
You forgot your most important mod...the driver mod. Man can drive! That is a great time.

You have a timeslip? I would love to know your 60ft time.

I would love to get to the dragstrip, but my power level and a weak 5-speed tranny don't play nice at the strip. I cannot afford to grenade my tranny.

#11 ·
I took my STi not long ago and only hit 12.88 and I BARELY slipped the clutch.....

Phatnucca, you have upgraded gears ??? After my last WRX setup.... i was scared to even push the clutch in anymore. Not calling your bluff, just seems like u had to dump the clutch to get it.... ? True ?

So what boost levels are you running on your tune ?

EDIT:

Just looked at my slip.... my 60 ft blew goats./..... BOO. Good job Phatty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.