Subaru WRX Forum banner

swapping ebcs's

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  turmic 
#1 ·
I have a prodrive 3 port ebcs installed and tuned for on my car. If I installed a grimmspeed ebcs instead, would I need to get retuned?

#2 ·
That's a great question for your tuner. I don't know specifically what the difference is although they should act pretty much the same according to the pressure they see. Not worth the chance of over boosting though. I went with the Grimmspeed because that's what my tuner likes in comparison to alot of others (which he still tunes anyways, just preference) and is ultra fast at dialing in so he has more time to mess with timings and such. He's the guy I trust. You'd be best to speak with your's IMHO.

#3 ·
Yeah, I agree with Joe. The Perrin is it set-up in 3 port mode or 2 port? Slow or Fast responce mode?
If its in 3 port mode...it might be safe, but the tuner would know best.

#7 ·
Opps....Thanks thack. I thought he said a perrin ebcs. I don't know how different the prodrive and the Grimmspeed 3 port are. But, my tuner recommends both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.