Suspension Question? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-26-2007, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

deftonesfan7 is an unknown
Suspension Question?

i wanted to just get some opinions on a suspension upgrade for a 2006 WRX. I have heard of people ordering a upgraded shock from Subaru that is stiffer than the STi shock but i havent looked to far into that. But what all should i get? i live in colorado so we do have a lot of windy roads but some of them can be a little rough, especially around winter. but i know after the shocks what else should i get for performance? sway bars? strut towers?

So i guess what i am really asking is what kind of suspension should i do? What brand types might be a good bet for the roads here? i do want something on the stiff side and i think i want a strut tower in front and back. but would the sway bars really be of any help as well as the strut tower?

Thanks for all the help.

My car here -> www.cardomain.com/ride/2465242
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-26-2007, 12:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
i have an 06 wrx and the first thing i did was perrin front and rear sway bars with the perrin solid end links. i set the bars to the middle hole and i couldn't believe the difference, the car felt like it was on rails and i looked forward to every turn! then i got the sti pink springs which are to be used with the stock struts. i had those installed and my cars body roll was almost gone! its been about 8 months since i put the springs on and right now my car sound horrible! every bump i roll over i get this awful noise from the wheel wells and i took it to my local shop and they told me that my stock struts were completely gone! so i ordered tein ss's with the pillow ball upper mount and i will be installing them this tuesday! cant wait!
so for you i would definitely recommend coilovers since you want more of a stiff ride and sway bars imo are a must for all subaru's! strut bars i would wait till last to do since you wont feel as much as an impact as you would with the coilovers and sways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement