Subie saleman lies - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-13-2007, 05:21 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
Salesman/women are idiots. no big suprise there
yup, they're all idiots, every single one. None of them have an IQ above 70.

man, grow up already

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-13-2007, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

1gcrazy is an unknown
I'm actually writing this on a DEALERSHIP computer as I am a salesperson. I'm not here to tell you guys wrong. I know some goons. I'm more of a DSM guy, I grew up on V8's but dont wanna be a grease monkey. I like Subbys and my friend is getting an STi here within a few days.
Anyway, As long as you stick with a younger guy, like under 30ish. You should be fine.
Most don't know enough to take advantage of you.
I may be different. I refuse to take advantage of people. I dont lie and I don't mislead. Yes, I have lost deals because i'm truthful but at least I can sleep at night. I sell on the pro's and cons of each car. I make my managers give me REASONABLE numbers.
I was at a Subby dealer here while my same buddy was looking at a new 07 wrx. They wouldn't budge off of sticker. They wanted US to make an offer. He's a finance manager here at our dealership at 21.... I love my managers. We're all good friends and everyones honest.
But I sell KIA :-D
#18 Old 09-14-2007, 05:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

STi_from_DSM is an unknown
Do your homework and let the dealer know you know more then them and they wont bitchslap you around. I worked at a dealership for 3 summers and know all their tricks. I went in to potentially buy a Rex a few years ago and the sales chick was quiet on the ride because I told her everything about the car.
#19 Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

STi_from_DSM is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1gcrazy View Post
I'm actually writing this on a DEALERSHIP computer as I am a salesperson. I'm not here to tell you guys wrong. I know some goons. I'm more of a DSM guy, I grew up on V8's but dont wanna be a grease monkey. I like Subbys and my friend is getting an STi here within a few days.
Anyway, As long as you stick with a younger guy, like under 30ish. You should be fine.
Most don't know enough to take advantage of you.
I may be different. I refuse to take advantage of people. I dont lie and I don't mislead. Yes, I have lost deals because i'm truthful but at least I can sleep at night. I sell on the pro's and cons of each car. I make my managers give me REASONABLE numbers.
I was at a Subby dealer here while my same buddy was looking at a new 07 wrx. They wouldn't budge off of sticker. They wanted US to make an offer. He's a finance manager here at our dealership at 21.... I love my managers. We're all good friends and everyones honest.
But I sell KIA :-D
Dude only broke people with bad credit and retards buy Kias
#20 Old 09-15-2007, 06:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

flyinghighlm is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to flyinghighlm
This is rather amusing to listen to people complain and cry about dealerships. Cry if you want but realize its a business at the end of the day.

I happen to sell Subies for a living and do just fine, alot of what you "hear and experiance" is just a game. All dealerships shoot for the moon and hope for the best. Sadly the average person that comes into a dealership is dummer than the "stupid salesman with an IQ below 70". NEVER EVER accept the first 2 or 3 offers and be prepared for it drag on for awhile. I spent 8 hours, never left the dealership to buy my wagon but in the end its your money you are saving, no one elses.

To those who "think" their car is worth ALOT of money and get pissed about the low offer value, tough shit and get used to it. Again its all a game, the offer you 15K knowing its worth 18-19ish. Everything is negoatiable even your trade. There is also this little thing called mark up, and it is ALOT. I always new it was until I started working at a stealership, but mine is a standard 5-6K on ever USED car. As far as the new ones go there is actaully not to much room to move around on those unless you get crushed on your trade and then they will shift numbers around to make you happy and still make money on you.

I am not defending those who lie, cheat or steal from people but not all of us are idiots or below average people. If someone is so uninformed or just so freakin ignorant not to do research or protect their money then in the end its that persons fault, not mine. I know for a fact 3 people I work with will lie,lie and lie some more to sell a car and it is rather shameful that they will do that but I choose to be honest and I seem to get better results b/c people will come back or send their freinds to me and that is by far better than being grouped with all the other salesman out there.

Yes, I do believe that was a wagon that passed us!
#21 Old 09-15-2007, 07:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

np_wrx is an unknown
My friend sold it to me at the dealership where he works, and got it for me for $1000 less than what they bought it, he's always telling me stories on how much money they make off people who dont know s**t
#22 Old 09-15-2007, 07:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Black Night is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Black Night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilks132 View Post
So my brother is thinking of selling his NSX and buying an 07 STi. We go to the subie dealer today to test drive the STi. While there, the salesman tries to sell my bro on the "performance package" and says how it wont void the warranty. So, I ask "you mean to tell me that if I put an after market exhaust on my car it will void the entire warranty?" He says yes. I say "the entire warranty, or just the emissions?" he say yes the entire warranty. So i say, what if my muffler falls off and i go to Midas muffler to get a new one, it voids the cars warranty? he say well if its a cat back, it wont void it but if you replace the DP it will. So I say well it will viod the emission part of the warranty. He says no, the entire warranty. So i ask why. He says, "because it adds like 45 more horse power. and this is right after he tries to sell my brother on a useless "performace package" by saying it adds 35 horse power.
why is he selling an NSX??????
#23 Old 09-15-2007, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

flyinghighlm is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to flyinghighlm
Quote:
Originally Posted by np_wrx View Post
he's always telling me stories on how much money they make off people who dont know s**t
Most people who buy cars are ignorant, I am sure he told you that. Ever wonder why there are SO MANY dealerships and all those sales people. Somebidy has to pay them to be there.

Yes, I do believe that was a wagon that passed us!
#24 Old 09-17-2007, 11:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

BAMBO is an unknown
KEEP THE NSX ! ! ! STIs Kick ass ... but come on ... an NSX!
#25 Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Night View Post
why is he selling an NSX??????
Yes why why why...... The NSX is one of Japans finest ever produced, and although they comment that the RX-7 is "Japans best cornering machine" I believe the NSX is. Makes me sick to hear anyone get rid of one of those. Oh yeah Skylines are nice too....LOL.....sorry to get a bit off topic.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#26 Old 09-17-2007, 01:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
NSX's are a bit more of a rareity than an STI. Theres one that competes in time attack that is pretty awesome. But to each there own.
#27 Old 09-18-2007, 02:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
If you live in So. CA, please beware of Subie of Thousand Oaks. Their service department has changed management and now they completely blow. They tried to tell me that all 4 of my rotors were warped and that there was excessive shudder in my brake pedal, when all I wanted them to do was a quick oil change. I also found out that oil changes are now $45, instead of less than $25. Now it costs less for me to do it myself. I asked the girl why the price went up... "mmm, because of the high price of gas" she said. This was about 4 weeks ago when gas prices were at an all time low around here.

Oh yeah, there is still absolutely no shudder in my brake pedal and rotor wear is totally even...

B@st@rds
#28 Old 09-18-2007, 05:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
dang sleeper, sorry to hear that. At least you have the common sense to take your business else where/do it yourself.
#29 Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wilks132 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
Yes why why why...... The NSX is one of Japans finest ever produced, and although they comment that the RX-7 is "Japans best cornering machine" I believe the NSX is. Makes me sick to hear anyone get rid of one of those. Oh yeah Skylines are nice too....LOL.....sorry to get a bit off topic.
He got rid of the NSX cause he never drove it. It was a show car at an acura dealer in Oregon. He bought it with 1800 miles on it MINT. Had it shipped to Delaware. It just sat in his garage cause he didnt want to park it any where. And he has a 55 minute drive to work. So he drove a beat up chevy s10 around. Plus, since it was so original and mint, he didnt want to mod it. He actually drove it for a while a sold it for more money. I will try to post pics
#30 Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Wilks132 is an unknown
Plus, can you really justify an $1800 car payment.......per month?