Subie saleman lies - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 Old 08-04-2007, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Wilks132 is an unknown
Subie saleman lies

So my brother is thinking of selling his NSX and buying an 07 STi. We go to the subie dealer today to test drive the STi. While there, the salesman tries to sell my bro on the "performance package" and says how it wont void the warranty. So, I ask "you mean to tell me that if I put an after market exhaust on my car it will void the entire warranty?" He says yes. I say "the entire warranty, or just the emissions?" he say yes the entire warranty. So i say, what if my muffler falls off and i go to Midas muffler to get a new one, it voids the cars warranty? he say well if its a cat back, it wont void it but if you replace the DP it will. So I say well it will viod the emission part of the warranty. He says no, the entire warranty. So i ask why. He says, "because it adds like 45 more horse power. and this is right after he tries to sell my brother on a useless "performace package" by saying it adds 35 horse power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 08-06-2007, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

hawkwind is an unknown
Yipes...and that was at a Subaru dealer? Call the sales manager there and tell them one his employees is an idiot and misinforming potential buyers.

Probably not the first time, sadly. Most car salesmen only stay at a dealer for less than a year, so they retain or learn nothing. And for the most part, dont care, either!

The "performance package" is probably the SPT intake, heatshield, and STI cat back.

Jay.
post #3 of 32 Old 08-06-2007, 11:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bmbsqd is an unknown
That is a shame. At the dealership where I bought my wrx they have awsome sales people. Infact it is the second subie I bought from them. There service kept me coming back to them.
post #4 of 32 Old 08-07-2007, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bob04STi is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Bob04STi
I always catch them salesman in Lies. They are so just in for the money, and some of them they go to watch what they say. They going to say the wrong thing one day, and its going to affect them.
post #5 of 32 Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX06TR is an unknown
Salesmen are the worst. Check out Edmunds huge story on salesmen. They sent an undercover writer to work for a few different dealerships. All they care about is money, the salesmen, the managers, all of them. In the Edmunds write up he mentions the interview process and notes that when applying for the job he was told that he should say that he wanted the job to make lots of money...not to say that he was a car guy. Pity...
post #6 of 32 Old 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
thats the history of salesmen! even the dealer in general cant be trusted! i guess when you get paid per car you sell you will do anything to sell them
post #7 of 32 Old 08-08-2007, 03:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bob04STi is an unknown
I guess the salesman did not make money off of me when i bought my STi LOL.. I got it for a killing deal. I dont think he kind of new what it was worth at the time i bought it. His Loss.

2004 Subaru Wrx STi * 12.210 @ 115 *
post #8 of 32 Old 08-08-2007, 04:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

metroscub is more helpful than not
someone, with a time like the one posted on the left, your car is probably possessed by beezlebub...nice time.......
and salesmen a lot of times are goons. I am sponsored by the dealership I bought by subie from and their salemen will sometimes step out of their offices away from clients to give me a call and ask me a few questions to help beef their cred....but i get decent perks from them, so I just play the game...Free pink struts FTW!!!

Matthew
Wow, it can turn well too?
post #9 of 32 Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

Bob04STi is an unknown
Im going to think of a gooooood way and catch them in a big lie. I was going to trade my car in for an '07 STi , but the salesman told me.. ooo alls your car is worth is $15,000 , I said get the hell out of here, i told him i aint dumb. Your going to give me 15k and then your going to turn around and sell it for 25k LOL. They are such jerks.

2004 Subaru Wrx STi * 12.210 @ 115 *
post #10 of 32 Old 08-08-2007, 05:35 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
some of the 04s didn't even cost 30k new. They wouldn't be able to get 25k for it, you're dreaming.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #11 of 32 Old 08-09-2007, 07:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Speedogomer is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Speedogomer
I've rarely seen any STi's for less than $24K, especially at a dealer.

I went to 2 different dealers before I bought my car. One dealer had a salesman that knew nothing and was a tool, the next dealer had a completely laid back guy who didn't put any pressure on me. Guess where I bought the car?

-Justin, aka Gomer
(sold)-05 WRX
(new)-04 Cadillac CTS-V
post #12 of 32 Old 08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

lovemy07 is an unknown
That's awesome...When i went to the dealership i acted like a complete car idiot, my salesman was middle eastern and new the basics, but when i asked him something he didn't know, he actually went right then to find the answer.

Joe
post #13 of 32 Old 08-11-2007, 09:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

HogansRex is an unknown
I have no problem believing that most are in it for the money. However, I bought my car from Subaru of Dallas and have never experienced anything like it. I bought my parts from Subaru of Plano and they are just as good, but a little more performance oriented. I never plan to sell Rex and when I buy another car I will go back to them.
post #14 of 32 Old 08-11-2007, 09:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

2006WRXTR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 2006WRXTR Send a message via Yahoo to 2006WRXTR
I am lucky. My Subaru dealership touts that they are 'mod friendly.' They even have another website www.hotsubarus.com. Heck, they installed my AP and DP for me.

Rich
Latest: Meth Injection, Open Source
post #15 of 32 Old 08-13-2007, 10:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Salesman/women are idiots. no big suprise there

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/