stock intake to free flowing? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-15-2006, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
stock intake to free flowing?

I've added a k&n drop in style filter and a perrin intake charge pipe to my stock 06 intake system. i was just wondering if doing these mod would make it TO easy for the air to flow through, causing messed up air/fuel ratios like you would see if i installed a short ram intake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-15-2006, 06:25 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15
I've added a k&n drop in style filter and a perrin intake charge pipe to my stock 06 intake system. i was just wondering if doing these mod would make it TO easy for the air to flow through, causing messed up air/fuel ratios like you would see if i installed a short ram intake?
Nope.Less restriciton is not what cause the problem.Its caused by either the MAF housing being bigger than stock,MAF mount not properly orientated,or an overly oiled filter contaminating the MAF sensor.Since you are still using the stock air box you should be fine.FYI becarefull not to overoil the filter and only oil from the "air-in" when you go to clean the K&N filter.I usually let new/just cleaned for an hour or two before installing in the vehicles.Gives the oil a change to soak in and become tacky.Brand new filters are sealed in a air tight bag immediatly after being oiled so its a good idea to let them sit out of the bag before installing.

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #3 of 4 Old 09-16-2006, 02:23 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
should i re-set the ecu?
post #4 of 4 Old 09-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Ian

Ian is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh15
should i re-set the ecu?
It's always a good idea to rest the ECU after every mod you do, I even do it after every oil change