Subaru WRX Forum banner

Spearco TMIC issues

8K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  oldspower71 
#1 · (Edited)
I just bought a brand new spearco tmic for a steal at $350. My question is: is there only one Spearco intercooler made for the wrx? The part # on this ic is trbntic-001-wrx, it seems to be different from other part #s for spearco tmics that are for sale on other sites. The part #s they have listed are for 02+wrx, the part# I have says 01+wrx. I always thought their intercoolers were universal for wrxs. I have an 07wrx, will the ic with the previously mentioned part# fit? Perhaps the only difference is the hose that comes with it?? Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
Anyone? Spearco only makes 2 subaru TMICs if im correct......one for the STI and one for the WRX...Damn I hope im right, I wanna use the thing. I havent recieved it yet otherwise id just check to see if it bolts up.

#5 ·
I think the variation between WRX and STi TMIC that you mentioned refers specifically to the hoses. I'm also under the impression that the TMIC, itself, is universal for WRXs and STis for the years 2002-2007. I always thought the intercooler hoses were the main difference - one part of the "Y" being slightly longer or something? Maybe someone else can chime in who has a stock STi intercooler on their WRX - what hoses did you use (stock from WRX or STi, or aftermarket for WRX or STi)? That might help clear things up for our friend oldspower71. Good find on the unit though.

#7 ·
Got the Spearco and it was the right one....thank God. It's just the tmic.....so what else do I need to make it work? hose, clamps and splitter of some sort?? I think thats all... What type of splitter can I run on my 07wrx to get air to the entire surface? Zerosports? anything cheaper? Someone please chime in.

#9 ·
yeah ive read the sticky about tmics on nasioc, I really want one that will increase efficiency by covering the entire surface of the spearco. Like the one from Process West. Plus im not really a fan of cutting/fabricating stuff on my car, probably because I know I will mess it up lol. Im just not sure which ones will fit with the spearco. The process west splitter is made for THEIR tmic im sure, which is significantly slimmer than the spearco.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.