Subaru WRX Forum banner

Silencer delete?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Longshot 
#1 ·
Last weekend I took off my silencer and thought to myself that it looked like it was a really good thing to keep on to keep water out of the airbox and engine. I was wondering what you guys thought..and if you've done it your experiences with it off...and one more quieston..did you guys use and elbow after the delete? Nessacery?

#5 ·
I made my own elbow with the top piece of the silencer. Just cut off the top part of the silencer and you have yourself an elbow. I made a plastic cap for the bottom and used epoxy to glue it on. This way you can use your stock intake tube for air instead of trying to suck air through the wheel well.

#15 ·
I'm using the GP MOTO elbow, so what I'm thinking is if you cut the flat intake piece and leave it hanging out there (not reattach to radiator), it's essentially (depending on where you face it) a CAI with the filter in the box rather than a cone on the end.

Plus I'm also thinking of installing the Perrin MAF tube to replace the crappy black accordian tube, so has anyone done that? Worth it or not? Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.