Should I Heat Wrap my FMIC piping? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 07-16-2007, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Jamo06TR is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to Jamo06TR
Should I Heat Wrap my FMIC piping?

Hey everyone I've got a build in the making and im slowly throwing everything together just making sure everythings going to go as planned, and making sure everything is legit. Anyways Im going to wrap my turbo and Downpipe, and ive seen heatsheild blankets for intakes and stuff, and I was wondering if I could wrap my FMIC piping because it gets very hot.

Since im going to be buying wrap for my exhaust and turbo, If i bought an extra roll of exhaust wrap and wrapped my FMIC piping, would that do anything? I know its meant to keep heat in, but would it keep heat out? Im sure it would be better then bare metal though!

Another thing about wrap in general, Do you HAVE to use to high heat spray over the wrap, or can I just buy wrap, metal zip ties and call it a day. If I DO buy the spray, do I have to bake it at 500 degrees and all that or do I just spray and wait for it to dry and drive it around. Just gathering up as much info as I can before I Dive into this. And if I shouldnt use DP wrap on the FMIC piping, what would you guys recommend thats cheap and coveres alot of piping (I.e. FMIC + Intake piping + ) Oh and Can I wrap a Turbo inlet?

Im going to be using a hallman Pro RX MBC, With a MBC will I be able to turn boost off completely or very low?

And while im at it this is going to be my set up, tell me what you guys think, if I should add anything else, and mabye how much power I should expect. (hoping to get 280 on a mustang dyno)

(will be Bagged)blouch 18g
(/w some kind of heat sheilding?)SS Auto FMIC
(/w some kind of heat sheilding?)Spt Intake
Hallman Pro RX MBC
(Will be Wrapped) titek downpipe
Greddy Evo2 CB
Stock injectors
Walbro 255lph FP
Ebay Turbo Inlet
Cobb AP
Stock BPV (Is that okay?)

Sorry for all the question, im just being anal about my setup I want everything to be cool.

jamopwnsu
Sponsored Links
Advertisement