Subaru WRX Forum banner

S256 Twin Scroll Kit coming to you soon

14K views 64 replies 21 participants last post by  Boostbuddy 
#1 ·
Boostbuddy.com and SpeedyRoopair are helping me out with my latest project...getting my wagon up to ~450whp with full boost at ~3500 rpms on a 47 Trim S256 Twin Scroll Turbo...this thing is huge..I put some pics of the set up in the garage for your viewing pleasure and all the progress and a lot of pics will be posted here

http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23212&highlight=

Compressor Wheel:
Inducer: 56mm
Exducer: 78mm
Extended Tips: 84mm

Turbine Wheel:
Inducer: 74mm
Exducer: 65mm

.76 A/R
Twin scroll

See less See more
#19 ·
I'm not going with a 42R...I am putting on the Twin Scroll s256 which spools just like a 18G on a 2.5L...so it'll be good for any type of racing

We are going to develop this as a kit...so if you want one let me know and I can make it happen

#20 ·
I want one but I don't know if I want one, ya know? I'd need exact costs and a wile to convince the mrs

but yeah, I'm definately a prospective customer for that kit. I'd want a smaller twin scroll though and I have an EJ20... not sure how different that would make things...

#29 ·
Well....here's the deal now...I throw a Valve from my EJ20 heads to my Forged EJ25 Block....it is the Suck

Soooooo I have decided to rebuild everything..

Soooo the build just got bigger; We are going to have a forged everything, steel sleeved....etc....cams...etc...point blank probably the highest horsepower WRX in the state when we are done...process begins in a couple days, going to be insane! We are shooting for 500-600whp with this new set-up...NO2 free too :)

I will keep you all posted.

#48 ·
Actually there are a few 500 and up subi's in the state.... I know of at least 2 in the springs alone. Check out Revolutions Performance's STI it has around 550 at the wheels.. But anyways I would like to see this thing when you get done since we are essentially neighbors.

#34 ·
Well...just my Engine Mods all together after the build (I already have most of these on the car)

APS 725 FMIC
1150cc injectors*
Axis Racing Stage 5 EJ25 Short Block*
PPG Helical Dog Box
Reverse Magnus Intake Manifold*
Snow Performance Meth Injection*
ECUtek/Utec EM
40% Larger Radiator*
EJ25 Heads Port and Polished*
Full Valve Train Work*
624/725 Cams*
3" BPM Catless Exhaust
S256 Twin Scroll Turbo with Twin Scroll Headers and Up-pipe*
Custom Intercooler Piping
Perrin Fuel Rails
Walbro 255lph
Oil Cooler*
External Waste Gate*
Perrin BCS

That's all I can remember off the top of my head right now
*NEW MOD

This started out as a simple turbo swap but a few nights ago I threw a Valve from my EJ20 heads in to Forged EJ25 short block...I don't know exactly what the damage is yet (we are going to pull the motor Monday or Tuesday) but I just went ahead and got all new parts for this build and I am going to sell off everything that is not damaged.

I don't plan on this build being 100% done now for another 7-8 weeks or so...but I will keep you all posted and post pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.