Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rattling downpipe help!!!!

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  07subie 
#1 ·
I just put my downpipe on and flash XPT stage 2. I checked everything under an car and nothing is rubing. But when i tapped my downpipe it sounded like there was something in it. The car is running fine but it is annoying and loud. Help guys, wut could it b?

#7 ·
grab a hold of the thing and shake it hard. I'd wager it will knock into your support frame on the bottom where it bends. This is common from helix/invidia downpipes.

Take a metal grinder and grid off some of that support piece. It won't harm anything and it will prevent the contact.

#8 ·
Its not touching absolutely anything. Im starting to think its my wastegate cause i needed 2 adjust it and after i was done i heard a rattle. AHHH. It doesnt stop, at idle it rattles, when i let got of the gas and it rattles but when i accelerate it doesnt. could this be my wastegate? It sounds like its right at the point where my turbo and downpipe meet. :confused:

#9 ·
I just installed my invidia catted downpipe and I kinda getting the same rattling. I think It's my exhuast rubbing or hitting my diff.Beacuse I only hear it from the back. I just ordered kartboy new exhust hangers. I'll keep you updated if that sloved the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.