Radio Bezel and Door Panels.. - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-02-2003, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sick STi is an unknown
Radio Bezel and Door Panels..

Hey,

Sup everyone. I just recently got my 04 Sti and was wondering if anyone has been thru the radio install? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, like any thing i should know about hidden screws or tabs to get the dash bezel off. i am mostly worried about getting the bezel and door panels off w/o breakin anything. Can anyone who has done this already give me any advice? also will i need wiring diagrams..im hearing 2 diff stories one is that it comes pre-wired and second is that its not..havent had a chance to check for myself..

i just used my 91 awd talon as a trade in, i knew every screw and fix for that car, now i know nothing..heh thanks for any help in advance

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-03-2003, 09:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

jwtarbaj is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to jwtarbaj
Welcome!

Take a look at www.scoobymods.com there are a lot of instructions for just about everything there including radio bezels and the like. As far as wiring diagrams you'd probably need to try and bum a copy if the pages you need from the dealer (if they will help you) but I'm pretty sure the STi is already wired from the factory.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2003, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sick STi is an unknown
hey,
thanks for the info. i actually was on there for a long while checking stuff out. there is alot of info that i did find useful for my install..just looking for specific step by step instructions on how to remove that radio bezel. is it just snapped in place or is there some screws behind it...i thank you again for the info and your time

chris

thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 12:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

You really should look a little harder. on scoobymods.com but here's just one that illustrates removing the bezel

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...&threadid=1132

Everything listed for the Impreza or WRX or STi applies to ALL Impreza models unless it is engine/drivetrain related. Brakes are for STi only or the other 2 never all 3.

If you did a search for Radio with WRX or Impreza or STi you'd probably hit several good threads.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sick STi is an unknown
cool man thanks..yeh i am still trying to absorb all the info between a couple different forums..there is alot of info out there..but that link was just what i was looking for..when you say everything listed for impreza or wrx or sti applies to all models[excluding engine/drive train] this means i can get a radio harness and speaker connectors for an 04 wrx. i was worried i might have to get a diff harness for an sti..cool thanks for clearing that up..hopefully crutchfield has 04 harnesses and spacers

thanks again

thanks
post #6 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

No they put the same Stereo in the STi as the WRX. You'd think they'd have an upmarket unit for the STi but I guess since it doesn't even come with one there's no reason for it.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-04-2003, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Sick STi is an unknown
cool then im set been finding alot of info on speakers and stuff..thanks again for pointing me in the right direction..much appreciated..just gotta figure out whats the deal with the antenna..found some threads but nothing to specific..

back to reasearching

thanks

thanks