Subaru WRX Forum banner

Raceland Down Pipe

5K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
I looked all over the site for this but didn't find anything. I am finally getting a downpipe. A friend told me about raceland and their downpipe for my 07 WRX. I hear both good and bad. (People call it RICEland sometimes). Its a straight bolt on downpipe. Does anyone have any experience with them? The pipe costs 140 so I am kinda suspicious. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
You get what you pay for. It is highly an ebay/chinese knockoff and rebadge. It probably has poor fitment and bad welds. Epecially since you live in a winter climate (snow/salt) it may rust. I would pay the extra for a quality piece (Invidia, TurboXS, Maddad, Cobb, Grimmspeed).

#4 ·
I would definetly tune after that. About the salt and stuff, I doesn't snow everyday here where I like in Colorado so the snow and salt isn't an issue. I completely agree with you about buying the name brand reliable stuff. But I hear from buddies that it turns out fine when buying from them. They have turbo charged b16 civics, I just wanted an opinion from Subby owners.

#7 ·
Yea. They guys I know run 5-7 because they don't want to spend money on internals and if they raise boost...bye bye engine. But yea. I'm debating on waiting to save more money. I'm only 19 and halfway through college so saving is kinda hard when my income isn't the greatest during school. Thanks for the opinions though.

#10 ·
I have an 07, and that sounds about right. But I could be wrong. I contacted raceland and they have a 30 day money-back guarantee if the product doesn't fit or anything like that. Also, they have a 2-year limited warranty so by what the guy at raceland told me, it seems like they really back you up. You have to buy it directly from racelandus.com.

#11 ·
Down-Pipe Installed

I just installed the raceland down-pipe. It was a perfect fit and the O2 sensor hole is in the same place as the factory one. It is a lot lighter too. The only thing is that it isn't a bell-mouth but Im still running the stock turbo so it's not a big deal. Also, it didn't come with two nuts but that was a quick trip to home-depot. Overall, if you want a nice 3" down-pipe (remember not bell-mouth) for 165 buck including 3-day shipping, this is a way good deal.

#13 ·
I know I will replace it. I am still in school though so the mods I want to do will have to wait for maybe 3-4 years. For what I need right now its perfect. I know its not under warranty but the way I drive and take car of my car, I should be alright. Thanks for the input though man.

#14 ·
Back from the dead. Just an update, the downpipe from Raceland has been perfect with no issues at all. No rust, or anything and it has driven 2 winters in Colorado. I have stayed with the TD04 still so the fact that it doesn't have a bellmouth hasn't affected it much. 165 with 3 day shipping almost 2 years ago, and the price still hasn't changed. So if you want a catless 3 inch downpipe with perfect fitment and no bellmouth opening for cheap, this is perfect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.